Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok perhaps I am just not seeing where it is mentioned, but has CMON said when the expect to begin shipping Season 3? I'm currently flip-flopping on getting in on the Kickstarter. I know that when they give a date, you can expect it to take longer. Still, I would like to know what they are aiming for....

I've also read some complaints regarding the previous Kickstarters. When they ship all these extra stretch goals and add-ons, do they wait until everything is ready or will you be receiving multiple shipments as they complete the different parts? Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ft
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The ETA is uderneath the pledge--February 2015. Previous seasons have shipped in 2 waves, with the main game and a few extras coming before the majority of addons. Zombicide has been more on time than your average kickstarter, but nothing is certain except for death, taxes, and kickstarter delays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the ETA is February 2015 which means they would expect to start shipping 4-6 weeks before this. There have been problems with delivery on the previous Zombicide KS and on numerous other CMON KS projects, most notably their inability to communicate effectively. Zombicide S1 & S2 were both two waves of shipments, they will say during this one if they intend it to be the same. If it's labelled as February then be prepared to wait until April/May and take any earlier as a bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! I didn't even notice it.

Thanks for the response! I have only Kickstarted two other projects (that are still in the works) and was wondering how they handled all the extra bits. When it comes to shipping costs, do they have to bill you for the second shipment, or has that been covered in one go on the previous KS projects?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, it's worth noting that they have stated their intention to ship Season 3 all as one wave, unlike the previous two kickstarter campaigns.
This is detailed in the FAQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
If it's labelled as February then be prepared to wait until April/May and take any earlier as a bonus.

The S2 KS was promised within a couple of months, which became unrealistic with its success, so for this one they have pushed the promised date way back. They are also increasing the number of shipping terminals to spread out the work in packing 10,000+ pledges. I think they are learning and improving, as they get more experienced, so I have a feeling that the Santa zombie indicates that we'll start to get it before Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
If it's labelled as February then be prepared to wait until April/May and take any earlier as a bonus.

The S2 KS was promised within a couple of months, which became unrealistic with its success, so for this one they have pushed the promised date way back. They are also increasing the number of shipping terminals to spread out the work in packing 10,000+ pledges. I think they are learning and improving, as they get more experienced, so I have a feeling that the Santa zombie indicates that we'll start to get it before Christmas.

I will bet you five geek gold that you have absolutely no chance of getting it before Christmas! Since Leia is there you might get it by Star Wars day! They may have set a more realistic target but I still would doubt getting it during the expected window. They may have more shipping terminals but most of the delays on previous projects have come from production or the shipping from the factory so this isn't going to help much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tis the Season (3) to be jolly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May the 4th be with you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They said it would be shipped in one wave (February as stated above), however every other kickstarter I've backed has been late. Even if it is on time, it may take 2-3 months for them to process and ship it all like last time as we have 8-9k backers! That's a lot of product!

I think this is why the promo survivors have been sparse... as they had a plan of action so they can fulfill the KS on time and are sticking to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last time they shipped the simplest pledges first, I hope this time they ship the more complex multiple copies pledges first (not penalize those who pledge the most)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
455_PWR wrote:
I think this is why the promo survivors have been sparse... as they had a plan of action so they can fulfill the KS on time and are sticking to it!

Now that you actually typed it out it would seem that they have actually learned from the last campaign and are trying to avoid making the same mistakes again. Sounds great to me, I'd rather take a timely delivery instead of some more content and a few months of waiting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing to note is that almost everything that has been shown has pictures of the miniatures and not just the art which suggests that they have begun some form of production already (yay Kickstarter for funding projects devil) which may mean it's more likely to be delivered on time. But it's CMON so I would still bet on there being some delay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
I think one reason above all others will ensure they try and make it all one wave: shipping costs. Unlike previously, shipping is being paid by backers at delivery and not as part of their pledge. I'm not sure how many backers it actually occurred to but that means if they ship multiple waves it's multiple shipping charges for the backers. Many backers didn't even think about that I would suggest and I could imagine an almighty shit storm if delivery was split into waves and they were suddenly told by CMON they were being charged for two (or more) lots of shipping. I think the shit storm would be great enough that CMON would decide to not charge shipping on that second wave. They absolutely will not want to be in that position (they complained enough about how they lost money on multiple shipments last time and have changed their policy accordingly (or you can believe that it's been done for out benefit shake ) and so yes, I'm sure they'll bust their asses to send in one shipment and I think they'll prioritize doing that over making he deadline, so it could well be a little late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The amount paid on shipping for the previous KS would still be more than paying two waves of shipping now. As long as they were up front about it if they decided to do two waves I think it would be ok but I agree if they decided to split it now there would be a lot of unhappy campers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.