Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title says. I am quite surprised by the lack of any activity on these boards so close to release and with all of those demo copies of the game out there... Especially info about and images of the software componants of the finished game. Can't wait for my copy of the game to arrive though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
Duguayduguay wrote:
As the title says. I am quite surprised by the lack of any activity on these boards so close to release and with all of those demo copies of the game out there... Especially info about and images of the software componants of the finished game. Can't wait for my copy of the game to arrive though!

Can't talk if don't have, no know anything talk about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Honestly, I'm a bit surprised myself that folks that have tried the game at demos haven't gotten on here and posted their thoughts...but maybe they just aren't as "connected" as I would wish them all to be

There's plenty of chatter happening amongst the Emissaries (those guys and gals going around running demos), I'll see if I can't recruit a few of them to share a bit more on here, as well. In the meantime, if you want some photos/imagery of the finished game, I posted an unboxing video of the demo kit on youtube at this link -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9btch25bmo (Disclaimer: I'm by no means a professional, so be gentle in your critique as it was my first EVER youtube video shake )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
There's certainly a ton of information out there if you look for it, and some of us already have the game demo kits and are certainly willing to answer questions and stuff. There's definitely chatter elsewhere, as Zesu said...

Honestly, if I had to guess, I might say that the level of vitriol leveled at the game around here for daring to make mobile devices an integral part of the experience might have spooked some people early on. Can't say I'm looking forward to more of that once it hits retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw the video Zesu, that was great for seeing the miniatures and such which turned out really great. I also saw the recent demo video that was posted a short while back where you can see the software a little more but I would have liked to see much more of the software part of the game. Oh well, not much longer to wait I guess...

I did not realize that the game was getting some flak for the TDI part of it, given how much money the game raised, I am a bit surprised. I did see some comments that with all the bookkeeping taken care of, the game felt a little simple and not very deep but we'll have to wait on those that have played the game to get more comments on that.

Would you want to share links to where discussions are happening? I couldn't find them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duguayduguay wrote:
I did see some comments that with all the bookkeeping taken care of, the game felt a little simple and not very deep but we'll have to wait on those that have played the game to get more comments on that.

As someone whose had a demo kit and been doing demos, I'd say the "simple" feel is by design right now. We're currently using baked in scenarios just to get a demo rolling. You get what the demo has in it and that's it. You want people to get comfortable with the game quickly while not burying them in the details.

The real strategy will come when people start customizing and building armies. You'll start to see synergies when you can pick your own golems, add your own knights, your own Ancient Ones, and your own relics. Being able to mix and match abilities for all of these things will drive a lot more strategy than is in the demo.

As for discussions, I've been keeping a running blog (as it were) here since February. I've discussed the early alpha stuff on up to the demo kits (although I've been really busy the last 6 weeks or so and pretty much slacked off).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Duguayduguay wrote:
but I would have liked to see much more of the software part of the game. Oh well, not much longer to wait I guess...

I totally get that, and I'm definitely interested in putting up more video in the near future, and would be more than happy to maybe do a video going through the features of the app. My only concern with doing that right now though is, the demo version of the app has a lot of functionality turned off since it's not necessarily needed to demo the game (there's not much call for, say, "SAVE GAME" or "ARMY BUILDER" when you're just grabbing random folks and popping them into chairs to have at it!) So I think a true software video needs to wait until the full version of the app is available, in order to not give the wrong impression to viewers.

That being said, I saw a recent tweet and pic that suggested a video company was working with Harebrained Schemes on something Golem Arcana related, so it's *possible* (nothing confirmed at this point) that there's going to be more video coming out direct from the company soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan S
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a backer and looking forward to it. Haven't had a chance to play a demo yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Brace
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys, I also am an emissary running demos of Golem Arcana and posted a recent review (http://boardgamegeek.com/article/16465534#16465534) and people have been asking questions in that thread. I'm very excited about the release in a couple of weeks and am more than happy answering any questions I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.