Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"The Sisyphean dreamer, my fibula and femur hold the weight of the world over and over! I think, therefore I die, anxiety and I rolling down a mountain over and over!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this normal? Or is some stuff from expansions that they just decided to consolidate into the rulebook? Its sort of confusing to be honest, the base set rules shouldnt have more than is actually supposed to be there. Or am I legitimately missing pieces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 10 vp was removed from the game because it was too powerful, and there are a number of typos and misprints in the game. Iello are just distributing the same print run as DPG.

Download the rulebook 1.1 from the DPG site and the FAQ/errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"The Sisyphean dreamer, my fibula and femur hold the weight of the world over and over! I think, therefore I die, anxiety and I rolling down a mountain over and over!"
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
The 10 vp was removed from the game because it was too powerful, and there are a number of typos and misprints in the game. Iello are just distriuting the same print run as DPG.

Thank you Phil, I have the updated rulebook. The reference for the Bonus Tactics is in the scenario book, there is no updated scenario book showing on the DPG site.

The 1.1 rules still show character traits that are not in my base set. So my question still remains, am I missing a sheet of tokens? Or were these KS items that they threw in the regular rulebook?

I also cannot find any FAQ download? I have the counter errata downloaded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We described some options and special habilities that are present in expansions (already released or to be released).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
picoloclem wrote:
We described some options and special habilities that are present in expansions (already released or to be released).

From the man himself! laugh Thanks Clem, glad to hear I am not missing anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
philmcd wrote:
The 10 vp was removed from the game because it was too powerful, and there are a number of typos and misprints in the game. Iello are just distriuting the same print run as DPG.

Thank you Phil, I have the updated rulebook. The reference for the Bonus Tactics is in the scenario book, there is no updated scenario book showing on the DPG site.

The 1.1 rules still show character traits that are not in my base set. So my question still remains, am I missing a sheet of tokens? Or were these KS items that they threw in the regular rulebook?

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1158545/unofficial-faq

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1158329/collated-list-issues...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
philmcd wrote:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1158545/unofficial-faq

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1158329/collated-list-issues...

Thanks a ton Phil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
picoloclem wrote:

Best not to do that again as all it does is confuse. Each expansion needs it's own data sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
picoloclem wrote:

Best not to do that again as all it does is confuse. Each expansion needs it's own data sheet.

X 100 agree with this. Obviously it lead to my question, it was very confusing and a little deflating to learn that I didnt have all that was shown in the base set rulebook. Its all good though play wise, only played it once so far but we really enjoyed it. Looking forward to adding more as it becomes available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Veltre
United States
Middleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
picoloclem wrote:

I personally liked the included information from tokens in expansions in the base game rulebook. I dislike checking multiple rulebooks .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xMindFreak wrote:
philmcd wrote:
picoloclem wrote:

I personally liked the included information from tokens in expansions in the base game rulebook. I dislike checking multiple rulebooks .

That would be fine for anyone who had all the expansions.

In any case, it can't include future expansions.

A cmbined reference shhett could be produced and updated by DPG for download as a PDF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
picoloclem wrote:

I would like to counter-argue that for those using the expansion troops mixed with the base troops, it is better to have everything in one place. I hate having to dig through half a dozen scenario books to find something. Warhammer or Clan War being obvious examples. Really annoying.

I think Phil had it nailed when he suggested a consolidated list available on the website for download.

Hopefully that would make a good compromise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very least though they needed to mark what was and wasnt expansion if they were going to put them in the same book. As I said, it kinda sucked to read through the book and see these cool perks/abilities and then not have access to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stewart
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Matthews & Moorcock Magnificent Magicians of the Multiverse
mbmbmbmbmb
Nostradunwhich wrote:
philmcd wrote:
picoloclem wrote:

I would like to counter-argue that for those using the expansion troops mixed with the base troops, it is better to have everything in one place. I hate having to dig through half a dozen scenario books to find something. Warhammer or Clan War being obvious examples. Really annoying.

I think Phil had it nailed when he suggested a consolidated list available on the website for download.

Hopefully that would make a good compromise.

There is one on the website download section - first one top left "Special habilities summary & erratas".

As far as I can tell it has everything (?) - things like bagpipes/charm/medic which aren't even in the main rules.
Doesn't have the mythos stuff & some paragraphs(bagpipes) are in French (but those rules are in the Commonwealth box)

Hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.