Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I deleted two microbadges I didn't want, and some bot sent the same two badges to me as a "reward" a day or two later. I would think deleted would stay deleted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
badge
The science of history is a great bulwark against the stream of Time; in a way it checks this irresistible flood, it holds in a tight grasp whatever it can seize floating on the surface and will not allow it to slip away into the depths of oblivion
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Rinella wrote:
I deleted two microbadges I didn't want, and some bot sent the same two badges to me as a "reward" a day or two later. I would think deleted would stay deleted.

My guess is the system compares a list of people who meet a criteria for award to a list of people who own that particular award badge and sends them out based on that. Keeping another table of previously awarded recipients for each badge is probably just more work than they want to do for system awarded badges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Users not wanting award badges is something admins are aware of.

It is also something they have taken some steps to address.

The support microbadges don't go in a users microbadge collection unless authorized.

But as Daniel points out, it would probably be a fair bit of work to create a program to exclude some users from the normal automation of system awarded microbadge delivery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Schwartzkopf wrote:
Keeping another table ... is probably just more work than they want to do for system awarded badges.

But since it'd just be a column (or field if you use that terminology), and a boolean check against it - not much effort. The bigger effort is in the modifying the GUI at the point the user says delete this microbadge to update that value, or in adding the notification, or the admin-not-coder tools to "fix" the "I deleted a badge that I want back".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if having an opt-out table would be an efficient solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
I wonder if having an opt-out table would be an efficient solution.

If this were implemented it would ideally be user adjustable so if a user who chose to delete a system administered badge later wanted it they could put themselves back in the active list and get those badges without requiring admin attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.