GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,145 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Cowboys: The Way of the Gun» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Scenario #3 the OK Coral Revisited rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Gaer
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cowboys has been sitting on my shelf for some time and I thought it was time to once again to revisit the Shoot Out at the OK Corral (scenario #3). I am using the advanced rules with a few personal tweeks and a chart for NPC actions. At times I had to play both sides but as usual I could never have predicted what would transpire.

Tom and Frank make the first move and close the gap while quickly drawing their guns in hopes of overwhelming Doc who's holding the center position among the Earps.

Pistol shots and a shotgun blast echo on both sides and when the action pauses Doc falls forward dead with a lucky head shot. His shotgun falls to the dirt, crazy Ike Clanton(#7) who is weaponless sprints to pick up the shotgun. Tom McLaury on the left in his red shirt spins and grazes Wyatt. Frank (#6) gets off one shot at Morgan (#9) on the extreme right and curses as his gun jams. Meanwhile trigger happy Billy Clanton (#8) takes a shot to the gut and falls to the dirt but manages to fire off a round that hits Virgil Earp (#3) in the leg.
Ike Clanton who is so happy to have a weapon in the fight swings his shotgun round on Virgil who's standing right next to him. He fires high not realizing that Virgil is down on one knee. Virgil turns and takes a desperate point blank shot into Ike's stomach and Ike's face is one of shock as the red stain grows on his shirt. Ike crumbles to the ground and his last vision is of watching Morgan Earp (#9) finish the wounded Billy Clanton. Meanwhile, Tom McLaury is a blur of red in his scarlet shirt and before Wyatt Earp can react he's taken four shots to the midsection and he goes down.
Frank who's picked up a replacement gun misses his hurried shots at Morgan who returns fire with a finishing blow to his chest. There's a quiet moment as the three remaining gunslingers quickly reload. Morgan and Virgil turn to face the steely grinning Tom McLaury who has yet to feel the sting of any lead. Tom (#4) fresh from reloading drops already hurting Virgil but misses the limping but determined Morgan. The oldest Earp raises his pistol and in one shot the last McLaury drops to the dirt.

Another solo game, another solo movie for my mind....that's just the way I like it. This is a softball game but the speed of the game is a great filler when I have that Western gunfighter itch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic report. I've fought the OK Corral several times over the years in a few different systems (including this one), & usually come out with a fairly close approximation of how history played out.

Yours has to be one of the more atypical ones I've seen. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M00NSYLVER wrote:
... Yours has to be one of the more atypical ones I've seen. laugh

No doubt! That was rather cool.

I completely burnt myself out of the O.K. Corral playing the old Boot Hill (2nd edition). Seeing as it was one of the few 'scenarios' provided, I must have played that twenty times.

After reading this, I should give it a try with CtWofG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Skinner
United States
Cherry Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have to reference myself here...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/703791/ok-corral-historical-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.