Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kind of confused about a couple things and could use some help.
I received a copy of Boss Monster + Tools of Herokind that I bought from a guy here and began inventorying it. The Boss Monster manual I have says there are 9 bosses included in the game. Several places I have read around say there are 9, but then others say 8.
It seems like there was supposed to be 8 but the first edition had an extra boss, Anererak the Hidden Lich, included inside to make up for the game coming out late. I have Anererak in my box, but no Xyzax the Progenitor Lich. Do I have that info above down right, that not everyone has an Anererak but everyone should have Xyzax?

Also, is there anywhere I can get a card listing for the contents of Tools of Herokind? The Boss Monster Wikia has a small partial listing, but the card numbers listed for the few on that list do not match up with any of the cards I have (example: "Boots of Jumping" is listed as being THK01 but it is not THK01 on my cards, it has a different number).
What were the contents of the Tools of Herokind box? Those cards are all in the Boss Monster box. I have 25 cards that span from THK01 to THK25 and one reference card that explains item use, no manual.

I appreciate any help with this. I'm trying to research it and find info, but I have received about four other games within the last week that are all missing components and am trying to track down what all I need to buy or beg for to make my copies complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobit Glenhaber
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EYEL1NER wrote:

It seems like there was supposed to be 8 but the first edition had an extra boss, Anererak the Hidden Lich, included inside to make up for the game coming out late. I have Anererak in my box, but no Xyzax the Progenitor Lich. Do I have that info above down right, that not everyone has an Anererak but everyone should have Xyzax?

My friend's set which I play with has Xyzax but not Anererak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny ONeal
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The original version of Boss Monster included 9 Bosses as a bonus for early adopters, while the Revised edition has 8. But if you have Anererak and you're missing Xyzax, that's definitely a mistake!

E-mail us at bossmonster@brotherwisegames.com and we'll be happy to send you a replacement. In your e-mail, please indicate that you have an Alpha copy so we can send you the version that best matches your cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. I was recently showing the game to a coworker and telling him about the missing card and he said "Huh? Xyzax is right here." So I looked at the card he held and sure enough it was Xyzax. I thought "I must have gotten mixed up about what card was missing, let me figure it out right now." After counting and sorting, every card was there. The cards arrived sleeved and I must have counted/inventoried them at least 5 times looking for Xyzax, so I don't know how I could have not felt two cards stuck together.

So all the cards are there I guess. I can't believe I missed that though.
Thanks for the offer to send a replacement though Johnny. I appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.