Subject: When ships exemplify the species rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Heath Kohanek

Midland
Texas
msg tools
mb
Just wondering what your thoughts are on when a ship fits the race motif and why?

I have 2 ships in mind...

USS Excelsior-Federation isn't exactly a combat oriented group. The free scan shows their tendency to explore the universe rather then conquering it.

Gath'Gal Thong- Romulans aren't known for stand up and fight tactics. They are a devious race who invented cloaking and made "submarines in space" This ship relies on cloak and torpedos to launch raids and uses its superior movement to get away before their fragile ship is destroyed. This ship is a shining example of every facet of romulan life I think.

What are some other ships you feel show the factions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I think generally speaking they actually did a great job giving every major faction a pretty strong faction identity, if you play it thematic and relatively "pure."

I almost feel like the Vorta Vor is a more "Romulan" ship than the GGT. Getting a benefit to initiating an attack while cloaked is an area of overlap with the Klingons, while slipping around with that free echo is super Romulan.

It's hard to say which ship exemplifies the Dominion, since they (successfully, IMO) staked out 3 mechanically distinct subfactions between the JH, Spoonhead, and Breen ships. I'd say the Cruiser because it includes a mix of Vorta and a Cardassian Captain, maybe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sowerby
msg tools
mbmbmb
The K'Vort for the Klingons. Hits hard, and damn the defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
I think the BioShips are an excellent example of what we saw on screen. The are very maneuverable, agile, hard hitting and have some of the best shields in the game (able to take hits from a Borg Cube). Additionally, the Alpha's ability to give an auxiliary power token when it hits it's target shows the raw power that the Borg rightly feared. And the regeneration capability we saw in episodes like "The Prey". I think they got the BioShips spot on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.