Jesper Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know its probably somewhere in the 66 pages of rules, but..

What if I go back to the first quests with a lvl'd hero to help a new hero level up?

Im guessing that the hero dont get any new stuff, but is it even allowed as it makes the game alot easier I guess?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would be using skills, items and weapons that weren't made for use in early adventures, so I wouldn't

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the rules say is this:

Rulebook v3 p19 wrote:
No character may gain a reward from a given scenario, adventure, or Adventure Path more than once.

There is no prohibition against repeating a scenario you've already successfully completed, you just can't get the reward for it. But the boons you acquire while playing you can keep.

Depending on how far ahead you are, going back will probably make the game easier. Mike would probably tell you this is the "social contract" part of the game. They aren't going to tell you that you can't do it. Just realize it might not be fun.

If you are talking about going back more more than 4 or 5 scenarios, I'd suggest instead trying out a new character with your friend while they catch up. Then scrap your new character when your friend joins your party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
269Hawkmoon wrote:
All the rules say is this:

Rulebook v3 p19 wrote:
No character may gain a reward from a given scenario, adventure, or Adventure Path more than once.

There is no prohibition against repeating a scenario you've already successfully completed, you just can't get the reward for it. But the boons you acquire while playing you can keep.

Depending on how far ahead you are, going back will probably make the game easier. Mike would probably tell you this is the "social contract" part of the game. They aren't going to tell you that you can't do it. Just realize it might not be fun.

If you are talking about going back more more than 4 or 5 scenarios, I'd suggest instead trying out a new character with your friend while they catch up. Then scrap your new character when your friend joins your party.

That's what I would do too and it would be a lot more fun that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your mileage may vary on this, but another option (depending on your reasons for starting a new hero) would be to just add the hero into the current scenario at starting levels. If you are past Adventure 3, they should get a role card, and you might consider a variant where they get a certain number of feats from earlier scenarios automatically. Also, remember that the rules for your starting deck are eased once you get to further adventures in the path.

The reason for this suggestion is that so many people find this game a little too easy. Having to take care of an underleveled character could certainly help there, as long as the player doesn't mind feeling a little underleveled!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.