Subject: Gunmen Down rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Burton
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the story of my first adventure into the mountain.

Session Info
Date: 7/16/14
Players: 1 (Burton)
Scenario I, Chapters 1, 2, and 4
Explorers used: Jessie Monroe and then Kim Richards

Story

Well, we've had some disagreements at base camp, and now the team won't go into the mountain together. I got so frustrated that nobody was doing anything that I set off on my own, after a few choice words to the others about what I thought of their dedication. After my eyes adjusted to the dim lighting, I started exploring. Almost immediately I found a couple of treasure chests. I got one open, and I had time to get the second one before some creature would reach me (I could hear it coming), but before I could get the second chest open, I was inexplicably compelled to get up and walk towards the oncoming sound. The creature ran into me, knocking me to the floor. This knocked me out of my daze, and I quickly scrambled up and away from this horror and managed to get through a door and close it behind me. This slowed it down, but not for long. It did buy me enough time to find a work room with a couple of treasure chests and a workbench. I opened up one chest and used the workbench to put together a pretty nice augmented rifle. This worked out well for me since I specialize in guns. By now, the monster was coming around the corner, but a couple of shots from my new gun took care of that threat. Unfortunately for me, the noise of my new gun woke up something behind me. I got out of the workroom, but not before I caved in a weak section of the ceiling. This actually bought me a decent amount of time, and I was able to get into the next area. The next area had so many symbols and omens, blood and other horrible things that I decided to turn back and go a different way. Unfortunately, the creature that was following me from the workroom had caught up, and it had brought a friend. The last thing I remember is killing one of the creatures, only to watch as the other one somehow teleported to the still warm body of his fallen comrade. He looked down at my most recent, and, as it turned out, my last kill. He then looked at me, opened a jaw full of razor sharp teeth, and charged...

The inhuman, feral roar and then the blood curdling scream froze us all mid-argument. We had been so involved in our bickering that I only vaguely remember my fellow gunman leaving camp in the direction of the opening in the mountain. Without thinking, I grabbed my gear and ran to try and aid Jessie. I don’t know which direction Jessie went, so I headed left once I got inside the mountain. I quickly became aware of something coming up behind me. I decided to push ahead and either try to lose this creature, or find a good place to set up an ambush. As I entered a new area I found an unopened treasure chest. Jessie was never one to pass up shiny new items, so I was either going a different way than he had come, or he was in a hurry. As I put on the new cloak that I found, I looked back and saw that the creature I originally heard had caught up to me – and had been joined by two of its friends. The two new monstrosities seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. I had no chance of standing and fighting, so I bolted down the stairs. The narrow stairway and landing halfway down let me put some distance between the beasts as they clumsily navigated their way down behind me. The stairs led to a corridor that had grated flooring, almost as if something was designed to come up through the floor. This corridor led to an identical stairway at the far end, so that was my destination. I passed a switch on the wall, but I was in a hurry and didn’t want to risk anything while I was standing on the grating. I got halfway down the hall when a gas floated up from below my feet. My legs would not carry me one more step and refused to obey what my brain was screaming at them. Summoning my strength, I turned my head and saw, to my dismay, that the gas had no effect on the monsters that had now made it out of the stairway and were charging at me. I regained control over my legs after what seemed like an eternity, but must have really only been a few seconds. There was another switch at the end of the corridor, and the parade of horror that was following me was in the middle of the grating, so I took a chance and hit the switch as I jumped onto the stairs. I looked back with delight as long, sinister spikes shot up through the grating. My joy quickly turned to despair as all three creatures, with an agility that defied their size, deftly avoided being impaled. As I turned upstairs to continue my flight, I found another abomination waiting for me at the half-way landing. One round from my rifle dispatched this new foe and I reached the top of the stairs to see a lit beacon that filled my heart with hope. I started towards what had to be my salvation, only to see what can only be described as animated death block my path. As I raised my rifle, this new enemy charged. I felt the breath of one of my pursuers as I fired twice, both shots found their mark, but my foe did not appear to even notice or flinch as it closed the gap between us, ripped my rifle from my grasp, and flung it against the wall with enough force to splinter it as though it had been made of balsa wood. Searing hot pain shot up from my leg as razor like teeth sunk into my calf from behind. As my feet were ripped out from under me, my last thoughts were of my fellow explorers that must surely be following behind me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
It is so beautifully written, you managed to teleport me into that world effortlessly. Thank you for that, you really know how to narrate a game session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burton
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asipu wrote:
It is so beautifully written, you managed to teleport me into that world effortlessly. Thank you for that, you really know how to narrate a game session.

Thank you.

Also, thank you for creating a game that allows for such wonderful stories to be told.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Solo player that don't play solo
badge
Solo player that don't play solo
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow great write up Burton!

I'm getting my game next saturday and reading this made me cry like a baby

I WANT MY GAME NOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.