Donna Bee

Alabama
msg tools
Turning my fiance onto gaming and needing something none too deep. He'll dig in later I'm sure, but for now, I need breezy.
Halloween, magic, fantasy...he also would like Ancient Egypt...mysteries... Board or card.

I see games galore, but how to know what's going to be a good time!? Are you experienced? lol Thanks! Donna

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG!

Ra is a good choice for ancient Egypt. For two players, Ra: The Dice Game or Priests of Ra might be better; but I haven't played either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Where in the world are you? If UK Priests of Ra is currently being sold at the Works for 7.99!

My advice with all games is to learn the rules yourself until you're confident in them and only then share then with your lover.

Horror wise:

If money is no object and you like zombies:
Zombicide is well worth a look. It's a cooperative so you play together against the game. It really does do the modern Zombie horde theme on an unparalleled scale.

If money is an object and you like zombies:
Zombies!!! is worth considering. Now from a gamer viewpoint it's not hugely desirable but from a starting point, it's easy to play and has nice quality components for cheap price.

A bit of money If you don't like zombies but like spooks... and Kung Fu:
Ghost Stories. A cooperative with a solid though somewhat challenging ruleset and gameplay (expect to lose).

A bit of money if you want a dungeon crawl and competitive play:
Claustrophobia. 1 v 1 pre painted miniatures in a game that boasts some of the most impressive components going. Streamlined gaming but with a good degree of meaningful decision making.

Summoner Wars: Master Set my adopted child. Fantasy game with cards representing your armies. Sorta chess with dice, hand management and dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.