Popular Tags: [View All]
Dirk O'Rose
Germany
Cologne
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Folks!

I am currently in Riga (okay, I just arrived today) and I am a huge board game fan.

Is there any open gaming group in this city at the moment? I play a lot of different games, but most of the time Eurogames. Andor, Smallworld, Smash Up, Starfarers of Catan are my (current) favourites, but I am open to a Lot more.

If there is an opportunity to play somewhere, I'll most likely bring my girlfriend. Latvian girl from Riga

We Are here until the 1st of August, so anything in the next two weeks would work.

Greetings,
Dirk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Our local gaming community is centered on our only good gaming store - Ludo, located at Kr. Barona street 55. They sometimes organize game nights, and in fact I think there's one tonight. Though it's not held at the store - instead, it's at Valnu street 26, in the Old Town, and it starts at about 6 PM. I suggest you try that.

Other than these (mostly bi-weekly) events, players organize their own smaller groups. The game store forum (located at forums.ludo.lv) is our main tool for communicating there, and you might want to try posting there as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk O'Rose
Germany
Cologne
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for your answer!

After researching a little I thought that most gaming related events are located around ludo.

Tonight I am at Positivus, so I can't join. But I will surely check out the forum (I might need help from my latvian half for translations^^). Just wenn there but logging in didn't work. Will try later again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkDolphin wrote:
Just wenn there but logging in didn't work. Will try later again!

Yeah, that part of the site does seem a little broken. It does work, though it doesn't look like it. If you try signing in with facebook, for instance, you'll get the Bonk error message, but then close that window and try to refresh the forum page and you'll be signed in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk O'Rose
Germany
Cologne
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It still doesn't really work. I get the Bonk message and after refreshing the main page I am still not signed in.

Well, I found something on facebook though, maybe I have time to check that out.

Another question: On friday we briefly went to spice and I spotted the hobbyshop. They had poster outside to advertise a tournament in Ticket to Ride. Online I only found one that should have been Last week. Did they move it to another day or is it a new one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I'll be able to help you with that. I don't really go to hobbyshop, myself, so the best advice I can give you would be to ask the people at the shop.

Regarding facebook - here's the Ludo store page. https://www.facebook.com/BrainGamesLV?fref=ts You could post there and see what happens.

If you don't get anywhere with that, feel free to geekmail me and we can try to set something up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I've been living in Riga for a month and a half now and am interested in any kind of gaming. I've been to Ludo, it's quite a nice shop. As far as I know there's also a game shop in Spice shopping centre.

If anyone is part of a group or has any info let me know! aaron-kenny@hotmail.com

Paldies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Iconochasm wrote:
As far as I know there's also a game shop in Spice shopping centre.

Last I heard, they've moved or something and aren't there anymore.

I host game days at my place on weekends. Feel free to look through my collection - if you have interest in playing some of what you see there, you can join. (I host separate days for non-gamers who mainly play gateway games like Ticket to Ride, and separate days for gamers that like Battlestar Galactica, Eclipse, Game of Thrones and the like)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.