United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Todd, great little game!

Played my first game last night and did pretty well for myself (only 1 location and 1 townsperson totally corrupted) but I had a couple questions about what happens to resources after defeating Draugr.

1. The rules say that you remove all resources from Draugr that are defeated and return them to YOUR resource pool. Is this correct? Or did you mean that they go back to the general supply? This meant that, barring the occasional roll from Bethane or Molton, I really only had to gather resources once, and then use them over on over on different Draugr.

2. If I played question 1 correctly, do you think it's difficult enough? Is it too easy to hoard resources? Maybe after defeating a Draugr, you lose half the resources used to kill them rounded down (so If a Draugr needed 3 iron, you lose 1)? Just a thought.

3. The rules state that there are never more than 8 holy water and 8 iron in play at any time. This includes resources currently committed to Draugr correct? I just imagine a silly scenario where someone misses this and distributes their resources evenly across several Draugr, only to realize that they can no longer grab new resources to finish any one of them off. I imagine if this was the case, you'd have to use the Dolmens to return resources to your supply, correct?

Thanks for all your awesome games, Todd!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. yes, returned to your supply. usually when i am playing i am adding to many Draugr at once so i can adapt who i am killing off. so i dont ever have enough to really hoard.

you are only adding a small number of resources at a time anyway to any Draugr

early on i had the player losing the resources but this created a cycle of constantly needing to farm new resources. making a max of 8 of each type seemed a decent tradeoff

2. i don't think it is too easy to hoard resources. i would be more inclined (since there might now be an expansion to this game for more layers in a co-op that some Draugr will make you lose resources upon killing them)

3. yes 8 of each spanned between those in your supply and those currently on Draugr cards. yes you'd need the DOlmens if you wanted to get them back after over-committing

do love the word 'Dolmens' so perfect for this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
dumarest123 wrote:
do love the word 'Dolmens' so perfect for this game

I thought the same thing when I saw it

Thanks for the quick responses Todd!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow, I've been playing on ridiculously hard mode then! Ha, I've been putting the resources back in the general supply. Still winning occasionally!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fin coe
United States
Chicago
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh My God. I've only been playing on superhard mode. This is why I've never won (although I've come within two rolls of winning, once).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well i guess that means i should have an advanced mode and regular mode in the rules i suppose. will see about some wording changes

yes resources are can be recycled. however there is a maximum number of them in the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'm a year late, but I also put resources back into general supply. I *almost* won and was thrilled at how much of a challenge the game was. It would be much less replayable, much less interesting, and much less fun if I had been putting resources back into my personal supply. I recommend changing the rule and including your original rule as an "easy mode" and calling our modified version the "normal mode."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michail Giannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just printed the game and i came to ask the very same question.

I think you should change the words you use for the players supply (and they are at the town square) and the general supply (outside the game).

If i hadn't find this thread i would too put the tokens of a defeated Draugr outside the game to the general supply.

Also it would be good to point out that when you count for the 8 Holy Water, Iron Spike limit one must count the ones on the Draugr.
Even better to give and example where one must use the The Dolmens to get back some tokens to use for later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks will have a review of the terms in the rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing this for the first time now (sorry for the bump) but maybe a compromise is to add a protective sigil onto a third token? Increases the chance of resource attrition but keeps the ability to horde and distribute across several draugr. Personally, I won by the skin of my teeth. The way that things get more dangerous (by having a single draugr cover an entire side once two are dead) while at the same time getting easier (chance to draw a dead draugr and skip the corruption phase) makes for a lot of variance and nail biting moments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enrico fra
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another question on the same topic.
This scenario just happened to me: The Library tells me to allocate *two* resources on two different Draugr, but I have only one in my supply. But if I put 1 Iron on 1 Draugr, I slay it and the resources go back to my supply: can I play my second Iron from those newly gained?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No because there are never more than 8 of each resource in the game, so "during your turn" you have run out. "After your turn" the supply is replenished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.