Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best ending ever!!!

[Note- I'm finally feeling well enough for whole solo games of EH! I did a really nice write-up of this ending, the final pages from the Investigators' journals- but it got deleted thanks to recent storms which have screwed up my internet :-( ]

Solved the 3rd Mystery- but immediately Yog Sothoth awoke! Of course. But...Charlie, Diana, and Trish managed to beat his Final Mystery too. Just had to make it through that one final Mythos card...

Wham! The dreaded "All For Nothing" card. Ummm...does that mean the Final Mystery starts all over again? (Yes I realize now that I'd misread the back of Yog's card, the Final Mystery is solved without waiting for another Mythos phase) And we only had one Clue, needed 2 to prevent this awful reversal of fortunes...

But wait a minute!
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The final Mythos Card was a Reckoning- and Trish had the Conspiracy Theorist Ally. He has a 50/50 chance of gaining a Clue when there's a Reckoning! Rolled a 4...
...which gave us the 2nd clue needed to thwart this final great Insult against peace and sanity! So the Conspiracy Theorist saved the day!

This was really the best ending I've ever had in a game of EH and I tried to immortalize it in prose (all ruined by the failure of ye olde internet). Just got the expansion a few days ago and haven't even tried Yig yet- I'm seeing how the more "familiar" Ancient Ones are affected by the changes. So far I think the game playability and replay-ability are vastly improved by this expansion.

The "Cursed Sphere" may be a little too powerful though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the Lazarus plugin helps when the internet stuffs up and my forum post gets eaten - it backs up your text as you type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoth Amon wrote:
The "Cursed Sphere" may be a little too powerful though...

Not when you remember that plusses don't stack. By midgame, most people have gotten something else that helps out their main strength or weakness (or both). And that drawback is nasty, especially since it doesn't say "if you don't have a curse..." at the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had pretty good luck avoiding the Curse...this time.

With +2 everything, it's like a get-out-of-Otherworld-free card. You don't know what skills you'll need beyond the Gate, but the Sphere boosts everything.

You have a good chance of going 2-3 Reckonings before getting Cursed. Suppose you bring the Witch Doctor along? The the Curse doesn't matter all that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.