Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Little
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A new HCD Playmat just came out. Seems playmats have been hard to find lately, so thought some folks might like to know. This one is a simple simple starfield; no planet like the previous one.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/203416

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tsuk
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only issue with the otherwise excellent HCD playmats is that they aren't quite three feet by three feet. The previous ones were up to a half an inch too small along one edge, and when I communicated with the manufacturer he told me these new ones would be better, but still not guaranteed to be exactly 3 by 3. Apparently there's some variable shrinkage during the heat transfer of the art work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I suspect if a club/group were to go in on a few of these with a place that prints vinyl signs, and just provide 'em with some nice highres hubble images, you could get 'em pretty cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Ryan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bannersonthecheap.com 3 x 3 "banner" with your image (insert hubble imgae here) for less than $15. The image is not High rez but it works great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raleigh of Borg
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mats are slippery though. We found 5$ 3'x 3' black cloth sheets at a hobby store called Michaels in the Pittsburgh area. The competent painter of our group painted stars and a nice nebula on his in about 5 minutes. I tried, but mine looks like i had some sort of bowel illness and no toilet paper. Regardless the cloth is a nice surface to play on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Fouts
United States
Brookfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS makes playmats. They now have the capability to make 3x3 ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Little
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
foutss wrote:
My FLGS makes playmats. They now have the capability to make 3x3 ones.

Do you know if they ship? Do you have any more information about how someone could acquire them? How much do they charge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.