Subject: In solo, can non-player factions extort *during* Rally, etc.? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's allowed in the normal game; but the "then" sequence on the non-player flowcharts suggest otherwise. The 1-player example in the playbook always has extortion following the main operation -- but it doesn't have an example of a non-player faction running out of resources during the main operation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As best I can tell, no. NP's cannot extort in the middle of a Rally. When they run out of resources during Rally, they're done and then you extort where you can. It's often a sub-optimal move for sure, but that's the nature of the single-player which is balanced against the fact that the single-player must go through all 4 Prop cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottgun wrote:
As best I can tell, no. NP's cannot extort in the middle of a Rally. When they run out of resources during Rally, they're done and then you extort where you can. It's often a sub-optimal move for sure, but that's the nature of the single-player which is balanced against the fact that the single-player must go through all 4 Prop cards.

Yeah, that's the way I've been playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can make the bots stronger in this way of you want to. It just makes winning more challenging. I mean, already they don't suffer from LimOps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
felipe1982 wrote:
You can make the bots stronger in this way of you want to. It just makes winning more challenging. I mean, already they don't suffer from LimOps.

I do not want to make the bots more challenging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Waller
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
A Faction may execute its Special Activity at any one time immediately before, during or immediately after the execution of its Operation.

I see nothing in the NP rules that contradict this. I could be wrong though .....

Of course, you can do what you want, but I would have thought that this would have been explicitly mentioned if the order was critical in the NP rules but not in the normal rules. I frequently use Extort before Rally especially as resources can be quite thin on the ground for some factions also you can Extort anywhere and not just at Rally spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Andy. The only thing in the NP rules that contradicts it is that no NP procedures in Andean Abyss call for an order other than Ops then Special Activity.

Across the COIN Series however, there are several examples of Non-Player procedures that take advantage of the core rule that you cite in order to execute Special Activities such as Extort earlier during an Operation. So the core rule is optimal as written.

The reason that I did not have AA bots mix their Ops-Special order was to keep the flowcharts and Non-Player procedures -- for many, the trickiest part of the rules set to figure out -- as simple as possible in the initial volume of the Series.

Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.