Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernhard Stomporowski
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
mb
hi ... we need a rule clarification.
from round 3 to 4 and 7 to 8 the mid / late war cards will be added to the game.
for clarification: 3 piles are existing a) the draw card pile (in the beginning just the early war cards) b) the discard pile and c) the pile of cards which are completely out of the game.

our question now is ... will the new cards are added to the a) deck or to the a) and b) deck?

thank you
bernhard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is clarified in the rules. The Cards are added to the draw card pile. You do not shuffle in any cards from the discard pile when you add these cards.

I'm at work or I'd quote them for you.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
What's it going to be then, eh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
This is clarified in the rules. The Cards are added to the draw card pile. You do not shuffle in any cards from the discard pile when you add these cards.

I'm at work or I'd quote them for you.

Cheers!

This is as well as anyone could put it!

Absolutely spot on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Stomporowski
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
mb
thank you guys ...
our concern came up yesterday when we played and in the late war phase we did not had enough cards for the 9th and 10th round ... so we thought we are wrong
so it is then
bernhard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Stompo wrote:
thank you guys ...
our concern came up yesterday when we played and in the late war phase we did not had enough cards for the 9th and 10th round ... so we thought we are wrong
so it is then
bernhard

If you run out of cards you shuffle the discard pile into a new deck. (which you surely must have done before the 9th round a couple times . . . ?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Stomporowski
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
mb
HI
thank you ... I think we just have been unlucky with the last draw pile that it was so small that we did not get enough cards for our 9th and 10th round.
Thank you ... so we understood the rules right, but had just coincidentally to less cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Stompo wrote:
HI
thank you ... I think we just have been unlucky with the last draw pile that it was so small that we did not get enough cards for our 9th and 10th round.
Thank you ... so we understood the rules right, but had just coincidentally to less cards

You can't be dealt less cards than you're supposed to. The discard pile is reshuffled when you need it.

Something is not clear to you. I don't know if it's the rule book, me, or just how to type what you mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He's most likely not reshuffling the early and mid war cards back in after the new cards are added and the deck runs out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: adding cards from early war to mid war / late warp
Valandor wrote:
He's most likely not reshuffling the early and mid war cards back in after the new cards are added and the deck runs out.

This sounds correct.

Stompo, when you add the mid war and late war decks to the game you only shuffle them into the draw deck without adding the discards.

However, you still have to shuffle the discard pile to continue dealing new cards if the draw deck is empty and ou still need to deal out new cards.

Turns 1-3 you will each have 8 cards before the headline phase, not including the China Card.

Turns 4-10 you will each have 9 cards before the headline phase, not including the China card.

If you ever, when dealing or drawing the cards, do not have enough cards in the draw pile to do so, you immediately shuffle the discard pile and it becomes the draw deck again.

Does that help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Levy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the OP is certainly doing something wrong because you MUST reshuffle as the game goes on. It's just not possible to deal the cards during Turn 3 without reshuffling.

Here is a very good discussion about the reshuffles from Theory:

Quote:
In a typical game of Twilight Struggle, the draw deck will reshuffle while dealing out the cards for Turns 3 and 7. Occasionally, the deck will reshuffle immediately before Turn 10 as well.

What this means is that cards can fall into one of several categories:

Any card played or discarded on Turns 1 and 2 will be guaranteed to be redrawn between Turns 3-7
Any card played or discarded on Turns 3-6 will not be redrawn until Turns 7-10
Any card played or discarded on Turn 7 or later will probably not be redrawn, and if it is, it would only be on Turn 10
Note that this is not a perfect overlap with when the cards come out:

All Early War cards are guaranteed to be drawn between Turns 1-3
All Mid War cards are shuffled in on Turn 4, and therefore are guaranteed to be drawn between Turns 4-7
All Late War cards are shuffled in on Turn 8, and will be drawn only on Turns 8-10 (if at all)
What does this mean strategically? It means that when discarding your opponent’s vital events, you want to discard them on Turns 3 and 7, rather than on Turns 2 or 6.

And yes, as the others have posted, whenever you are adding mid or late war decks, you are shuffling them into whatever the current draw pile is. You DO NOT add any discards at that time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.