Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's another sportsball-themed episode as we take on two games featuring America's Non-MMA Pastime, the historic game of Baseball. First, we attempt to screen out the shouts of angry parents as we play The Approved Little League Baseball Game from the 1960's...a chart-based simulator featuring all the high-octane thrills of choosing how many pitches not to swing at. Then, it's The Baseball Card Game, a team-branded rummy style game which has the guts to implicitly claim its own definitiveness by having a starkly-worded title. Just how much pine tar and cork is needed to fix these games? Download now to find out!

http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2014/07/episode-58-basebal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I take it the VIQ was recorded prior to the announcement of Pandemic Legacy, then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure was! I am super pumped for that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt McMahon
United States
Warrenton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who has two thumbs and now 20,000 points? This guy!

I promise no performance enhancing Bancing substances were used to achieve this second certificate.

Keep up the great work guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Bowers-Mason
msg tools
And as a New Zealander when I hear "Red Socks" I'm thinking of Sir Peter Blake, captain of Black Magic, the yacht that won the America's Cup back in the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There must be a yachting board game out there somewhere...perhaps with an included VHS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FlipTheTableChris wrote:
There must be a yachting board game out there somewhere...perhaps with an included VHS.

...There's a board game based on the kids tv show TUGS, if we stretch the definition of yachting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlipTheTableChris wrote:

There is at least one: Regatta

My father-in-law is a big sailing fan and happens to own the game. I roped him and my bro-in-law into a game a few Thanksgivings ago. We played with the necessities of sailing: beer and gear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William McDuff
Canada
Prince Rupert
British Columbia
flag msg tools
"'A grey man,' she said. 'Neither white nor black, but partaking of both. Is that what you are, Ser Davos?' 'What if I am? It seems to me most men are grey.'" -- Lady Melisandre of Asshai and Ser Davos Seaworth from A Clash of Kings by G.R.R. Martin
badge
A small part of a 17,000 pushpin video game art project I was involved with.
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought that a good mechanic for a baseball team was pitchers and hitters that have a collection of dice, so both players choose a dice from the bag, and roll off, and you get your result from that combination. Really plays up that pitcher-batter battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmcduff wrote:
I always thought that a good mechanic for a baseball team was pitchers and hitters that have a collection of dice, so both players choose a dice from the bag, and roll off, and you get your result from that combination. Really plays up that pitcher-batter battle.
I had this game as a kid and while I don't remember how it plays I remember having fun.

Double-Play Baseball

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sweetser
United States
Greenfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FlipTheTableChris wrote:

I played Yacht Racea few times as a kid. Huge board, annoying way that the wind would only shift in one direction... I could probably steal it back from the friend I gave it to and send it to Flip the Table if you're interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flip Florey
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've actually scored a copy of that a while ago. I think I might have it kicking around somewhere. Haven't played it though. I do remember it had a cool board that was part of the "box". And nice little metal pawns. Probably lead, I'll suck on one and report back in a couple of months. Thats the only way to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Tallan
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best part of the episode was your description of baseball using board game mechanics. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flip Florey
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ttallan wrote:
The best part of the episode was your description of baseball using board game mechanics. :laugh:

They really do need more cubes in baseball. Who plays with orbs? Really?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William McDuff
Canada
Prince Rupert
British Columbia
flag msg tools
"'A grey man,' she said. 'Neither white nor black, but partaking of both. Is that what you are, Ser Davos?' 'What if I am? It seems to me most men are grey.'" -- Lady Melisandre of Asshai and Ser Davos Seaworth from A Clash of Kings by G.R.R. Martin
badge
A small part of a 17,000 pushpin video game art project I was involved with.
mbmbmbmbmb
GameKnightMaine wrote:
ttallan wrote:
The best part of the episode was your description of baseball using board game mechanics. laugh

Hey, there are orbs all the way back to 1962 and the classic 3M Bookshelf game Oh-Wah-Ree!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameKnightMaine wrote:
ttallan wrote:

People who for some unfathomable reason prefer d100s to d%s?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Beauvais
United States
Maynard
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gizensha wrote:

People who for some unfathomable reason prefer d100s to d%s?

I used to have a d100. Looked like a large golf ball.

I was going to find it to determine a winner of the ChromaCubes contest, but it doesn't have enough sides (;
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.