Subject: Updated Java, now Realmspeak won't run. FIXED rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GodRob
United States
Gordonsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Mr. Spacely was one crooked son of a bitch and I can prove it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I updated Java yesterday and now my Realmspeak won't run. When I click on run.bat I get the error: "Windows cannot find 'javaw'."

Any advice?

I've downloaded realmspeak again, rebooted my computer.

I've considered reverting to an older version of Java but I'm not sure how to do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt G
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Updated Java, now Realmspeak won't run.
Edit the run.bat file and make sure it points to the location of your current javaw file. It's likely been installed in a different folder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Part savage, part savant, with a dash of satanic seasoning
mbmbmbmb
robertg611 wrote:
I updated Java yesterday and now my Realmspeak won't run. When I click on run.bat I get the error: "Windows cannot find 'javaw'."

Any advice?

I've considered reverting to an older version of Java but I'm not sure how to do this.

Here's a thread that discusses the error.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/940931/cannot-find-javaw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Gordonsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattG wrote:
Edit the run.bat file and make sure it points to the location of your current javaw file. It's likely been installed in a different folder.

While I understand what you are saying, I have no clue what you actually mean.

When I go to edit my run.bat file I see this:

echo off
@start javaw -mx384m -cp mail.jar;activation.jar;RealmSpeak.jar com.robin.magic_realm.RealmSpeak.RealmSpeakFrame %1

By searching for javaw on my computer, I find it here:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Also here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin

and here

C:\I386

If one of these is where I need to edit my run.bat file to point to, what should my edited run.bat file look like? Basically, I know I need to edit it, I just don't know what to do.

Thanks!

Edit: Even though I found another solution, I'm still curious about the answer to this question. The information may be handy in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Gordonsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrb88 wrote:
robertg611 wrote:

Any advice?

Here's a thread that discusses the error.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/940931/cannot-find-javaw

Ok, now that I've had enough to drink, it's starting to make sense. Installed Realmspeak into my windows\syswow64 directory and it works. (I'd read that thread earlier but nothing made sense to me at the time.)

Thanks for your help guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
mbmbmbmbmb
robertg611 wrote:
Ok, now that I've had enough to drink, it's starting to make sense.

Alcohol: the great mental acuity enhancer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt G
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robertg611 wrote:
MattG wrote:

While I understand what you are saying, I have no clue what you actually mean.

When I go to edit my run.bat file I see this:

echo off
@start javaw -mx384m -cp mail.jar;activation.jar;RealmSpeak.jar com.robin.magic_realm.RealmSpeak.RealmSpeakFrame %1

By searching for javaw on my computer, I find it here:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Also here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin

and here

C:\I386

If one of these is where I need to edit my run.bat file to point to, what should my edited run.bat file look like? Basically, I know I need to edit it, I just don't know what to do.

Thanks!

Edit: Even though I found another solution, I'm still curious about the answer to this question. The information may be handy in the future.

Glad you got it workimg. I just put the file path in fromt of the javaw.exe entry like so:

echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -mx384m -cp mail.jar;activation.jar;RealmSpeak.jar com.robin.magic_realm.RealmSpeak.RealmSpeakFrame %1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.