Subject: energy dissipator rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Heath Kohanek

Midland
Texas
msg tools
mb
If u hit with an energy dissipator can the follow up attack be a primary weapon or does it have to be a secendary weapon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Either way is fine. Primary or secondary. Doesn't matter, even if your weapon grants multiple attacks.

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/STAW%3AEnergy_Dissipator#

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew SPQR
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
That sounds right. Here's another question I've had with energy dissapator.

Say I have Kirk, Captain 9, successfully hit GenKhan, also Captain 9, with an EDT. Let's say Kirk's player has initiative and shot before GenKhan. Would GenKhan still be able to fire back against Kirk using the simultaneous attack rule, or does the EDT's prohibition on attacking take place immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eris lulz
msg tools
GenKhan would get to fire.

This falls under the Simultaneous Attack rule on page 19 of the rule book.

Essentially, while Initiative gives players an order to perform the moves, actions and attacks of captains of the same skill, they are still treated as going at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenn Mikos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eristicle wrote:
GenKhan would get to fire.

This falls under the Simultaneous Attack rule on page 19 of the rule book.

Essentially, while Initiative gives players an order to perform the moves, actions and attacks of captains of the same skill, they are still treated as going at the same time.

No, they aren't. Any effects that occur during the first Captain's attack still apply during the second Captain's, such as critical hit effects or things like the EDT. If they were truly simultaneous, those effects wouldn't count until after the second Captain's attack.

It's been said before, but the "Simultaneous Attack" rule would more correctly have been named the "Parting Shot" rule, since that describes the effect more accurately.

So no, GenKhan wouldn't get his final attack if he got the EDT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eris lulz
msg tools
doh. looks like you're right.

Simultaneous Attack only refers to being destroyed and Initiative on the next page talks about 'resolves before opponent'. resolving would include crit damage and things like the edt and concussive charges.

now i feel bad as i won a game in the last op event as when we asked whether i still got to fire in almost exactly this scenario, the TO said that yes i did. oh well, learnt for next time i guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.