Dux Bellorum» Forums » Rules

Subject: ZoC and River Battle question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sword of Gideon
msg tools
mbmbmb
Two questions:

(1) ZoC: on page 28 of the rules, it mentions the ZoC is anywhere within 1 BW of the unit, whereas in the Quick Reference Sheets, it states that movement is restricted within 1 BW of the front. So where is the ZoC?

(2) We could not discern in a river battle, how many turns it is supposed to last.

Help, anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
Worthing
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Good spot; it should be all round (although I've played both ways at various times … probably depending on whether I was looking at the text or QR bullets). Sorry about that!

2) p56: "Use the Annals Battle set up and guidelines for all battles unless noted as different in other scenario instructions."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sword of Gideon
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for those, Dan!

Again, a clarification: I assume moving to contact sideways (or backwards) is allowed, though patently disadvantageous, and potentially suicidal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
Worthing
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever you feel more comfortable with really.

I play with individual units moving as they wish regardless of facing direction, as they're fluid blobs of troops. Some players are less keen on that and choose to have units move and contact the way they face (remembering that no corner may move further than the full move distance). Standard wargames bases being rectangular, it does look a bit weird using side moves of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.