6 Posts

The Resistance: Avalon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mordred rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Ryan
msg tools
Hi Everyone,

I'm a little confused with Mordred's mechanic. Does he reveal himself to the Minions of Mordred when they reveal themselves to each other, i.e., does he open his eyes at the same time as them? Or is he unknown to both Merlin and the Minions?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
Opens his eyes when bad guys do. Does not stick his thumb up for merlin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I would add is that I have seen some players have the evil players open their eyes and then put their thumbs up (except Mordred) before closing their eyes. Of course, this already doesn't really work when using Oberon, but letting the other evil players know who is Mordred is a big advantage.

If Mordred and another evil player are on a mission together, then the non-Mordred player know to play the Fail card, since Mordred wants to keep his identity secret from Merlin, and should play the Success card. If the other evil players do not know who Mordred is, then they run the risk of neither or both playing a Fail card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
saint1012 wrote:
One thing I would add is that I have seen some players have the evil players open their eyes and then put their thumbs up (except Mordred) before closing their eyes. Of course, this already doesn't really work when using Oberon, but letting the other evil players know who is Mordred is a big advantage.

If Mordred and another evil player are on a mission together, then the non-Mordred player know to play the Fail card, since Mordred wants to keep his identity secret from Merlin, and should play the Success card. If the other evil players do not know who Mordred is, then they run the risk of neither or both playing a Fail card.
I always play this way. Yes, it helps out Bad a little bit, but I think giving More Info always helps the deduction aspects of the game. That Mordred is known to other spies helps Good figure things out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rundle
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
saint1012 wrote:

I always play this way. Yes, it helps out Bad a little bit, but I think giving More Info always helps the deduction aspects of the game. That Mordred is known to other spies helps Good figure things out.

We would regard this pretty much as cheating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrun wrote:
We would regard this pretty much as cheating.

Of course, if it hasn't been agreed beforehand. If it has been agreed it's a variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.