Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Apps
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So does anyone know what the plastic pieces are used for? I can't seem to find the extra rules that apply for them in a 6+ player game.

Also, I decided to incorporate a slight variant and make use of some of the blank cards. The idea is as follows:

Once a player clears out, if that location's defenses have not been matched or exceeded, it remains in play with it's snowballs and items still attached, but is considered abandoned. If abandoned locations exist, a player may use his turn to throw a snowball or use an item action and ALSO clear out, if he then switches his location with an existing abandoned location.

I added three variant Snowball cards I entitled "Yellow Snowball" It stays in your hand like a Snowball but has no numerical value. Rather, it has an effect which says "When thrown at an opponent, that opponent is forced to clear out. You may then take over that location. A Yellow Snowball may be nullified if the opponent plays another yellow snowball."

Kind of gross, I know...haha. But I thought this variant could add some interesting choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Link
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Zach.

They are just an alternate tool for scoring. Since there is are only 18 Gear cards, if you wanted to play with more than 6, you would need to use those instead of the Gear. Or if you wanted to play a longer game, you could use them to increase the number of hits players can take before getting knocked out.

I like the idea of a snowball that forces someone to clear out If we do an expansion, I think we'll have to incorporate that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinclair
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zacharyapps wrote:
So does anyone know what the plastic pieces are used for? I can't seem to find the extra rules that apply for them in a 6+ player game.

Plastic pieces? I don't have plastic pieces. Did everyone get plastic pieces or was I just to cheap to back that level?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Link
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zacharyapps wrote:
Plastic pieces? I don't have plastic pieces. Did everyone get plastic pieces or was I just to cheap to back that level?

Plastic pieces were just for the Deluxe version. You aren't missing out on any of the game play by not having them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.