Jose Chavez
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my hands on this expansion and I can't wait to try it out. I feel like a dummy for asking this but I was a bit confused about the bit in rules regarding the CWC and OWA teams don't get their new Team Upgrade cards if playing with Sudden Death? Anyone have any ideas why? I always feel weird when I can't use cards in a new expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I haven't picked up Foul Play yet, but I think it's because in Sudden Death each of the original teams was given a new upgrade (to bring them up to 6, matching the new Undead teams there).

FFG probably intends for all future teams to have 6 upgrades going forward -- so they included repeat 6th upgrades from Sudden Death in Foul Play for people who don't own Sudden Death. So if you shuffled both 6th upgrades in, you'd end up with duplicates.

So that's my guess -- that you're not actually not using an upgrade, but it's a reprint. If you own Sudden Death maybe you can compare the Upgrades and confirm if they are repeats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Tillinghast
United States
Cockeysville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is correct. The upgrade cards in the Foul Play expansion for the CWC and OWA teams are the same upgrade cards that come in the Sudden Death expansion. So if you already have the Sudden Expansion, you don't need them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Chavez
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick responses. I havent had a chance to look through the cards and compare them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suplex
msg tools
Yes, the 6 upgrade cards for the original teams in Foul Play are the same 6 upgrade cards included in Sudden Death, so you only need one copy in the team upgrade deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.