Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Tiny Epic Defenders» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Kraken's Power rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize that it is possible the artwork (and wording) in the KS Update #19 might be final (or done being playtested) - but I can't sleep, so here's the question:

The Kraken's ability says "Player's must spend 2 AP to enter the Coast. The Coast's action can no longer be used."

So Baltar the Barbarian has this newly acquired artifact - the famed "Staff of Control" - and he uses it to move the Kraken into the Plains...so does the Kraken's ability still function in the coast? or in the region the Kraken has been "relocated" to?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikoms wrote:
I realize that it is possible the artwork (and wording) in the KS Update #19 might be final (or done being playtested) - but I can't sleep, so here's the question:

The Kraken's ability says "Player's must spend 2 AP to enter the Coast. The Coast's action can no longer be used."

So Baltar the Barbarian has this newly acquired artifact - the famed "Staff of Control" - and he uses it to move the Kraken into the Plains...so does the Kraken's ability still function in the coast? or in the region the Kraken has been "relocated" to?


It would be the Region that the Kraken is in. The wording will be updated to reflect this.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response!!

And this is reason #479254658465843871 - quick responses and clarifications! You guys are awesome.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Hobbes
China
Guangzhou
Guangdong
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mgcoe wrote:
[q="Nikoms"]It would be the Region that the Kraken is in. The wording will be updated to reflect this.

Oh, that's sweet! It it only the action penalty, or does it always block the region power where it is currently? I suppose it is possible for it to raise the actions needed to enter the current region, but block the coast's power no matter what region it moves to.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hobbesvii wrote:
mgcoe wrote:
[q="Nikoms"]It would be the Region that the Kraken is in. The wording will be updated to reflect this.

Oh, that's sweet! It it only the action penalty, or does it always block the region power where it is currently? I suppose it is possible for it to raise the actions needed to enter the current region, but block the coast's power no matter what region it moves to.


It will take all of its terror with it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My son (the 9 year old) and I were discussing this point. He thought for a minute and said "Staff of Control!! Move him to the dessert!" I thought not only was that good strategy, (nullifying a "negative" region ability - and replacing it with what is, in effect, a similar ability) but solid "realism" too - I mean really...how much of threat is a Kraken in the dessert?? (well aside from that whole 10 HP thing...)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.