Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Gaer
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Near Tombstone, Arizona July 13,1882 the famous face to face battle between Johnny Ringo and Doc Holliday of Wyatt Earps :Avenging Angles." The scene is set....

This showdown is a long time coming. Both are expert gunfighters eyeballing each other barely four paces away. Doc Holiday and Johnny Ringo measure the deadly start of their game as their hands silently measure the distance to their holstered six shooters. Ringo takes a couple of steps back and in a flash unholsters his gun and at the same time Holliday unholsters his gun and snaps off his first quick shot but misses his target.
It's more like a buzzing hornet that hardly registers a flinch from Johnny. In his black shirt, Ringo's first grazing shot stuns the Doc for a moment and Ringo's next round goes high over Doc's head. Doc finally gets off a shot that misses but his second slug slams into Ringo's left shoulder. Ringo lets out a noticeable grunt and is stunned but the shot isn't fatal. Doc Holliday narrows his deadly eyes as he sees a moment of weakness in his pray. He raises his gun for a finishing shot and the gun misfires. Ringo quickly snaps out of his fog and purely by muscle memory he pulls the trigger. A single bullet of hot lead thuds into Doc's midsection.
Ringo s second shot misses largely due to Doc's staggering movements as Holliday tries to clear his gun. A slight panic creeps into Doc's gunfighter instinct. Ringo puts another slug into the stumbling Doc but he can't finish the job until he reloads. Doc is able to right his pistol but staggers back to give himself more room between him and Johnny Ringo. He fires off two wild shots as a warning to Ringo a reminder that like a rattler snake he still is deadly. Ringo finishes reloading as the Doc continues to back up a step and it's apparent that Holliday doesn't seem to have the finger strength to fire his gun again.
Johnny takes an long range aimed shot at Holliday grazing him with the first shot and kills him with the second. Doc Holliday crumbles to the desert floor. Johnny Ringo will walk away from this one with just a shoulder injury and Crazy Curley Bill is avenged.

Even though there were only two gunfighters in this scenario is was a nail biter. I'm enjoying the solo rules I've been playing with and I look forward to the next gunfight.

The solo rules I'm using have been updated in the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poor Doc...he's 0-2 so far! laugh

Do be sure to share any solo rules you come up with when you're ready. There can never be too many.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, please share your solo rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Gaer
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The solo rules I currently use are posted in the files section; however, I am revamping the NPC actions so that they make more sense to me. Currently they are not aggressive at the right time and too passive when they need to be aggressive. I'll update the file when I'm done tweaking it.

[url]http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/105733/solo-cowboy-cheat-s...]

Tonight I'm going to see if Doc survives his third gunfight...
update, he died again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Skinner
United States
Cherry Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
A couple of things ;

1. the real event was on January 17, 1882.

2. Holliday ( the most over-rated character in the west )was backed up by Wyatt

3. Before things got interesting ,all 3 were arrested by town policeman Jim Flynn for the crime of carrying guns in town. Both Doc and Ringo (also highly over-rated ) were fined $32 , but Wyatt's charges were dropped since he was allowed to "carry" in his capacity as Deputy U.S. Marshall ( he replaced Virgil after Virgil's arm was crippled )

Ken Skinner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaskinner1 wrote:
A couple of things ;

1. the real event was on January 17, 1882.

2. Holliday ( the most over-rated character in the west )was backed up by Wyatt

3. Before things got interesting ,all 3 were arrested by town policeman Jim Flynn for the crime of carrying guns in town. Both Doc and Ringo (also highly over-rated ) were fined $32 , but Wyatt's charges were dropped since he was allowed to "carry" in his capacity as Deputy U.S. Marshall ( he replaced Virgil after Virgil's arm was crippled )

Ken Skinner

I thought this was a recreation of the film "Tombstone"'s version of Ringo's death at Turkey Creek Canyon (which was officially ruled a suicide, not at the hands of Doc Holliday, who was actually in court in Colorado that day).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.