Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
n s
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I really want to buy this game, but only a few shops owns a copy, and those prices are way too high (plus the shipping fee, that in my case equal to the price of the game).

Is there a plan for a reprint maybe?

Thanks for the answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
It was never cheap to start with even when buying directly from the publisher so I don't think a reprint would help much. It seems to be quite an either-or kind of game so your best bet might be to find it second hand from one of those people who liked the idea of the game better than the game itself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n s
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its not the price of the game that bother me. Around 70 dollar is a reasonable price. But for now only a few shops got the game, they sell it around 70 bucks thats correct, but they shipping fee to my country is around 80 (!) bucks, now thats really high. If the publisher do a reprint than another shops with reasonably shipping prices, or european shops with much lower shipping prices have a chance to buy the game, and then i can buy from those shops. Thats why i asked the reprint question. The game is cost what is cost, but i refuse to pay a shipping fee that is cost much than the product itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a number of people trading the game as well, including a few from Europe. That is how I got my copy - two of my games for a copy of ASiE. It might be worth approaching the European holders and see if you can arrange something. Trading is so much cheaper if you have games to offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read about a possible reprint, both here on BGG and over at Treefrog Games website. But I can't find anything about it anymore....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Farkas
Hungary
Gyömrő
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the KickStarter campaign:

"This game will initially only be available via Kickstarter or direct from Treefrog Games, it will not be going into general distribution. We may or may not publish a second edition of the game for general distribution, but if we do the earliest you are likely to see it is 2015."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's never going to get cheaper, unless you find it cheaper on the second-hand market (but that's very doubtful too).

If you want it, buy it now from CSI before it's unavailable and the prices shoot up even more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brozik
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Treefrog posted on their site (on June 20) that it's now sold out. If you want it, I wouldn't delay too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love this game, but 70-80 bucks is too much in my opinion. I've only played it once and I couldn't decide how much I liked it, I'd have to know that it was a game I absolutely loved and would play regularly to justify that price. I don't like how just because it's an "exclusive" print run, they can charge twice as much as usual for it. I'm suspicious that this was a bit of a stunt so it could go into general release next year after the exclusivity has hyped people up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
I'm suspicious that this was a bit of a stunt so it could go into general release next year after the exclusivity has hyped people up.

Doubt it. The KS price was just about the same amount (less any shipping you might incur now). There's actually a ton of content in there.

I don't think Martin Wallace operates that way. I don't see him cackling behind some desk, wiggling his fingers all Mr. Burns like, as he manipulates the market for a hyper-niche game. I think Occam's Razor says that the game probably just cost him a pretty penny to produce, and that's the way it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
TyDeL wrote:
I'd love this game, but 70-80 bucks is too much in my opinion. I've only played it once and I couldn't decide how much I liked it, I'd have to know that it was a game I absolutely loved and would play regularly to justify that price. I don't like how just because it's an "exclusive" print run, they can charge twice as much as usual for it. I'm suspicious that this was a bit of a stunt so it could go into general release next year after the exclusivity has hyped people up.

Perhaps because a limited print means fewer copies = high cost Per game. Wallace makes niche games so the market is fairly small and it's his job so the price has to be higher than a light-weight family game that'll sell thousands of copies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's well worth the money, but everyone has to make their own decision. When it's out of print it will be much harder to get and likely even more expensive, so best to get it now if you think it's worth the expense. I know there are a few Wallace games I regret not getting when I had a chance.

Whether it's 'worth it' to each individual I can't say, but don't hold your breath on a reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.