Popular Tags: [View All]
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of cardboard of similar quality to the one's included in the game, this is made of thick paper... Now that's cheap! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I just received mine yesterday. I tried to roll my magazine (it was contained in a removable clear plastic) to see if the promo is included. I felt nothing and feared that it might came missing. To my surprised, it's actually slipped in one of the pages, and oh my, the qualiy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Wow, I don't want to sound ungrateful but that is cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's standard playing card quality - although not cardboard quality, it isn't exactly what I would call 'cheap'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dtroy_de_rapcore wrote:
Yup, I just received mine yesterday. I tried to roll my magazine (it was contained in a removable clear plastic) to see if the promo is included. I felt nothing and feared that it might came missing. To my surprised, it's actually slipped in one of the pages, and oh my, the qualiy...

Really clever thing to roll an envelope clearly marked "Do not Bend"... laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Martin
Canada
Mississauga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't defensible- it should've been a tile of the same quality as all of the other tiles, plain and simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't buy it
- okay, you didn't!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Great Dane wrote:
It's standard playing card quality - although not cardboard quality, it isn't exactly what I would call 'cheap'.

Given what you get for the price, yeah it is. There is an expectation that the Spielbox promos match the actual game components. I really could have done a better mock up had I known. Unfortunately, these posts weren't here when I put this on pre-order and had no idea.

And I did the same thing checking the magazine with a slight roll to make sure something was in there. I too felt this copy was missing a component.

hopefully their decision was based on an intended good idea of thinking it would be best to glue this to the base game tile. But then they could have made it a sticker at least. Big disappointment for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Given what you get for the price, yeah it is. There is an expectation that the Spielbox promos match the actual game components.

At a recent tournament I actually thought the US edition had been released with Kebab Shop on the reverse side of the English Fountain - until I realised that we were playing my copy of the game. The board is fully compatible with the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.