Subject: A couple of questions about Expatriette and Mr.Fixer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Eames
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, First time posting so sorry if I mess up I have a couple of questions.

A) Expatriette and her ammo, Firstly, once ammo is attached to a gun do u have to use it when you fire that weapon or can you choose to save it for a later shot and just fire vanilla ammo even with it attached. Second, if two ammo are attached to the same weapon do both effects happen or do you choose which/both/none?

B) This is a slightly longer one, in a session last night Mr. Fixer was using 'Tire Iron' (all damage done by him is now projectile), Ra then cast 'Imbued Fire' (all hero damage is fire), the next round Pike Industries drops an 'Irradiated Cyclohexane Vat'(all damage is now toxic). My question is what damage type is Mr.Fixer now doing and how do you decide? Or is he just throwing around toxic flaming tire irons?

Thanks in advance for the help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BusterAtlass wrote:
Hi all, First time posting so sorry if I mess up I have a couple of questions.

A) Expatriette and her ammo, Firstly, once ammo is attached to a gun do u have to use it when you fire that weapon or can you choose to save it for a later shot and just fire vanilla ammo even with it attached. Second, if two ammo are attached to the same weapon do both effects happen or do you choose which/both/none?

B) This is a slightly longer one, in a session last night Mr. Fixer was using 'Tire Iron' (all damage done by him is now projectile), Ra then cast 'Imbued Fire' (all hero damage is fire), the next round Pike Industries drops an 'Irradiated Cyclohexane Vat'(all damage is now toxic). My question is what damage type is Mr.Fixer now doing and how do you decide? Or is he just throwing around toxic flaming tire irons?

Thanks in advance for the help

Not an "expert" but here is my take on the situation:

A) As we play it, the ammo effect isn't optional (there is no "may" in the wording). When the card is played, the effect starts and will continue until the card is destroyed.

B) We always play that cards take affect in the order they were played. This means that the last played card will override all the others. So, in this case, the damage would be treated at Toxic. At least that's how we play it.

EDIT -- Expatriette answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For (A), there is no "may" in the text. So you don't have a choice about using the ammo.

For (B), I used to play with the order of cards played; but that gets too hard to track, so >G decreed that you can choose the order except for start and end of turn actions. In this case you could choose Fire or Toxic on a case-by-case basis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eames
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Odysseus3 wrote:

B) We always play that cards take affect in the order they were played. This means that the last played card will override all the others. So, in this case, the damage would be treated at Toxic. At least that's how we play it.

I guess I just like the image of flaming flying tire irons dripping venom as they go. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
For (A), there is no "may" in the text. So you don't have a choice about using the ammo.

For (B), I used to play with the order of cards played; but that gets too hard to track, so >G decreed that you can choose the order except for start and end of turn actions. In this case you could choose Fire or Toxic on a case-by-case basis.

That is official? >G has allowed that you can pick the order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Odysseus3 wrote:
That is official? >G has allowed that you can pick the order?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a similar thread with a link to the official rule change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.