Popular Tags: [View All]
David Zammiello
United States
Libertyville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is an OOS Army that is eliminated as a result of combat losses available to be rebuilt at the end of the turn? An OOS Army eliminated during logistics is not, of course, and I think any Army eliminated for lack of a retreat path is also treated as if eliminated OOS during logistics. But the rules appear to allow an OOS Army eliminated as a result of combat LFs to be rebuilt at turn end, rather than facing a 3-turn OOS delay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All elim'd OOS (out of supply) have a 3 turn delay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zammiello
United States
Libertyville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that was what was intended, but the rules as written don't say so explicitly, unless I am missing something.

11.9, "Supply State Combat Effects," doesn't address the 3-turn delay.

11.63 does, but only for "Elimination Due to a Retreat"

13.61 indicates the 3-turn delay for OOS Armies, but it is under the heading "Attrition Step of Logistics Phase," so it doesn't obviously apply to combat losses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
3 turn delay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zammiello
United States
Libertyville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Herr Dr wrote:
3 turn delay.

I'm not disputing that, of course, just mentioning that it could be clearer in the rules for version 2!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree: much could be clearer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zammiello
United States
Libertyville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't start playing ToC till the final version of the rules, and never found them unclear for the most part, just voluminous.

But this seemed to be a case of a "missing" rule. In face-to-face games, I'd always played with the 3-turn delay for OOS Armies eliminated in combat. But when it wasn't coded that way in Bruce's wargameroom version, I took another look, and I didn't see any explicit support for what I'd assumed the rule to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What might be tossing a spanner is that if an army is eliminated that has no replacing corps in the reserve, it is perm gone. May just make that consistent in v2.0 - OOS and no replacing corps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zammiello
United States
Libertyville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think all you need is a bullet point under 11.9, "Supply State Combat Effects" that states, "an Army eliminated OOS is placed on the turn track 3 turns later..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.