Subject: German Card Game Info/Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Kennedy

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was visiting a friend who found a set of cards in German that his dad used to play all the time. The cards in one set have "Doppeldeutsche", but I can't find anything under "Double Dutch" or "Double German".

The older set of cards he has have these suits: acorn, heart, green, ball.

I'm sure there is probably someone out there in the BGG community that could direct me/us to the right basic game....still searching here myself though too.

Thanks in advance!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
This image is from the game Schnapsen, which works great with "Doppeldeutsche" (although I prefer the French deck):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's like a basic deck of cards and so you can play several games with it.
The suits are Herz (hearts), Kreuz/Eichel (clubs-acorn), Schippen/Pik (spades/leaf) and Bollen/Karo (diamond/ball).

It includes As (ace), 10, König (king), Ober (queen), Unter (jack) and 7 or 9, depending on the region, but they are interchangeable. Every card is twice in the set.

Common games are Pinochle, Schafkopf, Gaigel, Doppelkopf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kennedy

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, those are exactly the same as the older set he showed me! Thanks a lot. I was thinking it was probable something like Karnöffel so I was on the right track it appears.

Thanks to you all!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.