Sweden
Järfälla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been looking around the rules section. About 10 pages and not found anyone asking this question. I find this little confusing but:

1) Lets say that the attacking player decides to fire with some of his units in the Prep Fire Phase. Does he have to say exactly which of his units are going to fire in this phase or can he resolve 1 combat at the time and see the results of each one before deciding to go on or not?

2) Lets say the attacking player moves a unit to a hex. Now the defending player wants to respond with Defensive First Fire. Does he have to say exactly which of his units are going to fire on that target before resolving combat? Or can he fire with 1 unit at the time and see the results before deciding to fire with another one?

3) Same as 1) but in Defensive Fire Phase instead?

4) Same as 1) but in Advance Fire Phase instead?

5) Can a unit that fire in the Advance Fire Phase move in the Advance Phase? (I assume they can before I have not read anything about that they can't I just find it little weird)

Thankful for any help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Christer

No rulebook to hand so cant quote the actual section but..

1-4

Every fire is resolved seperately in EVERY fire phase (unless you are firegrouping more than one unit,add up all FP factors,resolve as a single attack).
after seeing the results from a previous fire attack,you decide who to fire next,
so you may not need to shoot at the target anymore if the first unit's fire breaks/pins/MC's/kia's it etc.

Every unit may move in the Advance Phase regardless of what they fired in.

cheerio
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Barcelona_(1713–14)
badge
https://spanishpolice.github.io
mbmbmbmbmb
The turn sequence in ASL (it's the same in the Starter Kits) is a little different on what you are used to find in many other games. You have to understand it fully to play the game correctly, even if it seems weird. It's something we all have to pass.

When you do, you'll find that it gives you a lot of room for tactical creativity, both in the attack and in the defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Landry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
The only time a unit/units are committed to firing is after a LOS check. On advancing, remember pinned or broken units can't advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Järfälla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks that explains a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buehler
United States
Hillsdale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mixykym wrote:

Allow me to add a clarification - every unit that is not pinned may move in the Advance Phase.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kaufman
United States
Rosemead
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember the mandatory fire group rule in 3.2.2 - "If Infantry in the same hex are going to attack the same unit, they must do so as a Mandatory FG; they may not make separate attacks unless using FT, Ordnance, or subsequent ROF attacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Francis
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChrisBuehler wrote:
mixykym wrote:

Allow me to add a clarification - every unit that is not pinned may move in the Advance Phase.

Chris

I don't have the rules handy but isn't there also a rule that MMGs and bigger cannot move if they fired already. Perhaps the units carrying them could drop them and advance anyway? It's something to check anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Landry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
jsfran wrote:
ChrisBuehler wrote:
mixykym wrote:

Chris

I don't have the rules handy but isn't there also a rule that MMGs and bigger cannot move if they fired already. Perhaps the units carrying them could drop them and advance anyway? It's something to check anyway.
If you check rule section:3.7 (SK#1), you will find firing any support weapon does not prohibit advancing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. van H.
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jsfran, you're probably thinking about rule 3.5, according to which MMG, HMG, Mortars and Guns may not fire in the AFPH when they have moved in the MPh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Francis
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for the clarification!

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.