2 Posts

A Duel Betwixt Us» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about "Throw everything" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Allardo
msg tools
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

While the duel states that you can throw everything, do you still have to declare which items you are bringing into the throw everything duel? Or is literally everything brought into the duel?

I ask because I played the other day and I had thrown my helmet which was then discarded, but my opponent played "chip" after the fact. I told him the item had already been discarded so chip took no effect on it and that he should have used it prior to my throwing and discarding of it. His response was that he had no way of knowing I would throw my helmet and thus wouldn't want to use his trick on it.

I feel like that's the gamble you take when going into Throw Everything, you never know what's going to come at you. But if you have to declare items beforehand I feel lie it cheapens the duel. Agree? Disagree?

Cheers and good dueling!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brad coleman
msg tools
Tricks- We have played it the same way the rules state so using tricks first to damage any weapons you think might be thrown before hand that may force your attacker and the defender not to throw them or to be discarded all together being the last ingot.

Items- As far as declaring your items, this card aside the usual declare your items to bring to battle says duelists alternate throwing completed items at each other until neither wishes to throw any more items. We believe that puts the choice on who wants to discard the most items to win the duel strait forward with all tricks being played already in the previous step. Makes for a nice way to discard damaged weapons and armor for use rather than replace them.

This is our take on the duel and hope it helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.