Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Don Pepe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does a Sleeping Player Get Removed During a "It's the Cops! Scram!" Event? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank McGirk
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say "yes," but this isn't covered in the rules.

The rules say remove all the "living" gangsters from the board, but since you always remove dead gangsters immediately, and it thematically makes sense, I'd say this would capture/remove any sleeping gangsters from the game.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the rules there is not mention of an exception to them leaving, unlike the various other activities specifically prohibited. Also mentions that the room is "empty" when the cops come.

We treated it thematically as though the other gangsters help drag their ailing colleagues out of the room (as its in all their interest and the cops are the common enemy). They're still asleep, and retain the sleeping marker when re-placed in the room.

But I can't find any more specific reference to confirm this, other than to note this is the only interpretation that seems to comply with the rules as written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Taylor
France
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I agree Chester
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.