Lucas Piccoli
Argentina
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi coffee blenders!

I played 3 games against Saccar Inc, and won 1 out of 3. They games were close in Normal mode, and I got my ass kicked in Experienced mode.

Some of the questions that I had during the play session:
- Who starts? I assumed that I had to roll for myself and the corporation, and the higher quality dice started. In the case I start, the corporation doesn't get the benefit of adding one RP of his die result (companies don't research). If I get to start, though, do I add one RP of the color I rolled?

- Does Saccar Inc steal flavor dice from you if there are not enough in the Flavor Coaster?. Let's say you rolled 3 black beans, decided to investigate, and got 3 Flavor dice to use on your next turn. Then the Corporation goes, and since it doesn't have a Feature Blend and is at level 3, would get 3 Flavor dice, in addition to the 5 Coffee Dice. But now, there are 2 remaining in the Flavor coaster. Do the company only get 2 dice, or steals one Flavor dice from me?

- Companies can have both blends at the same time. They always go first for the Featured Blend. What happens in this case?: The company controls the Featured Blend and starts its turn. Scores for it, degrades it by one bean, and gets to keep it (because it's still better than a decaf). Does it also attempt to roll to see if it can get the Rainbow Blend?. Since there are 5 coffee dice not being used, and it also gets extra Flavor dice, it could.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TC Petty III
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
XENON PROFITEER 2015!
mbmbmbmbmb
lucasmaxi wrote:
Some of the questions that I had during the play session:
- Who starts? I assumed that I had to roll for myself and the corporation, and the higher quality dice started. In the case I start, the corporation doesn't get the benefit of adding one RP of his die result (companies don't research). If I get to start, though, do I add one RP of the color I rolled?

You start. The Corp always rolls after you. Any player that gets to go first never adds RP to a track (it's a consolation prize for not going 1st).
lucasmaxi wrote:
- Does Saccar Inc steal flavor dice from you if there are not enough in the Flavor Coaster?. Let's say you rolled 3 black beans, decided to investigate, and got 3 Flavor dice to use on your next turn. Then the Corporation goes, and since it doesn't have a Feature Blend and is at level 3, would get 3 Flavor dice, in addition to the 5 Coffee Dice. But now, there are 2 remaining in the Flavor coaster. Do the company only get 2 dice, or steals one Flavor dice from me?

You can deny Sacchar flavor dice by taking them on your turn. Sacchar only receives any Flavor Dice available and does not steal yours (same as normal game).
lucasmaxi wrote:
- Companies can have both blends at the same time. They always go first for the Featured Blend. What happens in this case?: The company controls the Featured Blend and starts its turn. Scores for it, degrades it by one bean, and gets to keep it (because it's still better than a decaf). Does it also attempt to roll to see if it can get the Rainbow Blend?. Since there are 5 coffee dice not being used, and it also gets extra Flavor dice, it could.

Players/Corps never roll dice if they choose to control the Featured Blend. The corp scores, degrades by one, and you would take your turn. (The Meter also does not move because the Corp skips the rest of their turn.)

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Piccoli
Argentina
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Everything clear now!

BTW, In my first question I meant to say "if the company gets to start, do I get 1 RP?" But now I know that the player always starts first in the SOLO game.

Thanks a ton!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.