India
Pune
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
So, i maybe this was mentioned on some other forum earlier, but i wanted to ask a similar question.
Have any of you guys submitted to the tabletop death match? And if so, did you guys get the results? or if you were a finalist? because they were going to announce it this week and maybe they are yet to announce it... but if they do announce it, how can we know? because on their site i have no clue of how to search for the results.
And after the submission, did any of you guys recieve an email or something of that sort?
Anyway for those of you who dont know about the contest, here's the link:
[geekurl=www.tabletopdeathmatch.com][/geekurl]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John duBois
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I submitted a game. I haven't heard anything - no confirmation of entry or report on whether or not I was a finalist.

Last year, there was also a notification delay, as there were an unexpectedly high number of entrants. I would be unsurprised if that happened again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hardy
India
Pune
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnduBois wrote:
I submitted a game. I haven't heard anything - no confirmation of entry or report on whether or not I was a finalist.

Last year, there was also a notification delay, as there were an unexpectedly high number of entrants. I would be unsurprised if that happened again.

Yeah, what you say could happen. Because i have conversed with many designers on BGG, TGC(the game crafter) and BGDF(board game designers forum) who have submitted their game to this match. So, i guess the entries could be very very high this year too.
Anyway, thanks for the information
And since you have submitted, i also wanted to ask that if you could attach more than one files to the concept artwork thing above the rulebook attachment? Because i wanted to attach three of my files but i could only attach one. So i gave the links of the other two in the 'More about your game' box below that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John duBois
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T hardy wrote:
JohnduBois wrote:

Yeah, what you say could happen. Because i have conversed with many designers on BGG, TGC(the game crafter) and BGDF(board game designers forum) who have submitted their game to this match. So, i guess the entries could be very very high this year too.
Anyway, thanks for the information
And since you have submitted, i also wanted to ask that if you could attach more than one files to the concept artwork thing above the rulebook attachment? Because i wanted to attach three of my files but i could only attach one. So i gave the links of the other two in the 'More about your game' box below that.

I don't recall if I even tried to - the game I submitted doesn't have many components, so I may have just attached the entire PnP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schallert
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I folded all the files into one zip file myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hardy
India
Pune
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fromage wrote:
I folded all the files into one zip file myself.

Yeah. That was probably the more clever option. Thanks anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hardy
India
Pune
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, anyone know.. if the results are out yet? maybe its just a another delay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schallert
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have heard nothing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hardy
India
Pune
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry for posting this again and again.. but i am becoming very impatient now.. so im just wanted to ask that if you had a clue to how many days was it delayed for the last time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schallert
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sympathize.

Seems like at this point, though, even with lots of entries they surely would have contacted the winners by now.

I've gotten to acceptance, I think. Somewhere out there, six designers are very happy.

Last year they announced around the second week of August, so we should know for sure fairly soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
silas cone
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Emails are being sent. I got one and unfortunately did not get chosen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schallert
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. Me too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.