Subject: A new update about PM rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/mercs-recon/...

I think that this KS could still explode in PM, because the game is taking shape nicely and looking better than during the KS.
If I understand correctly, totally new people will be able to pledge via Paypal.

It is controversial (might cause delays), but I hope that Megacon will reveal some really cool
SG and possibly offer some better deals than during the KS.
They surely can, because now it is without the 5 percent to the KS for them.
It can be like a second KS still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Machado
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really liked that Brian said he'll be going to China to oversee production and they're thinking about leaving the fulfillment of this KS to Amazon.
It shows they're learning from their mistakes and making what they can to avoid mistakes from a third part.

I'll be going for the All-In Add On in the PM and a big part of that is because of those things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:

I think that this KS could still explode in PM, because the game is taking shape nicely and looking better than during the KS.
If I understand correctly, totally new people will be able to pledge via Paypal.

Do you mean explode as a good thing, where the numbers of people pledging explode?

Or do you mean explode as a bad thing like it just blew up in their faces?

I couldn't get a sense of tone from your post. I only got that you maybe thought it would slow the KS version down.

I read that update and thought it sounded good, but maybe I missed something... Sorry if I'm being obtuse, it's not my intention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigrdrifa wrote:
okocnar wrote:

Do you mean explode as a good thing, where the numbers of people pledging explode?

Or do you mean explode as a bad thing like it just blew up in their faces?

I couldn't get a sense of tone from your post. I only got that you maybe thought it would slow the KS version down.

I read that update and thought it sounded good, but maybe I missed something... Sorry if I'm being obtuse, it's not my intention.

It is OK, I am not a native speaker so my metaphors can be bit opaque.
I mean "explode" in a good way like getting much bigger in pledged money volume and unlocked SG.
From the fulfillment standpoint they seem to be handling everything okay and communicating sufficiently. So I am optimistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:

It is OK, I am not a native speaker so my metaphors can be bit opaque.
I mean "explode" in a good way like getting much bigger in pledged money volume and unlocked SG.
From the fulfillment standpoint they seem to be handling everything okay and communicating sufficiently. So I am optimistic.

Your English is excellent; I think the problem is the internet's lack of tone and/or facial expressions. I couldn't tell if there was a wink and a nod in your "explode" or a sad sort of melancholy that wished it wouldn't blow up.

I, too, am hoping that the lessons they learned with Myth are helping with this KS. They seem to be!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently they are planning to use Amazon for fulfillment. This is excellent news. I was talking to some friends who are publishing their third or fourth game and they are planning to move to Amazon as well. Apparently it's pennies on the dollar compared to Game Salute (you don't pay for storage with Amazon) and they can ship out from distribution centers around the globe making shipping easier (there was also mention by my friends of somehow Amazon Prime factoring into shipping). If MCG goes this route, it may prove to be a huge improvement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I'm more worried about the state of the game than fulfillment... I hope they take the time to polish it and playtest it properly.

This is the lesson I hope Myth taught them: a late game is late until it's out, a crappy game is crappy forever.

I think it was Mao or Sun Tzu who said that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Beck
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Electronic Eremite
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegrinder wrote:

This is the lesson I hope Myth taught them: a late game is late until it's out, a crappy game is crappy forever.

I'm pretty sure that is what Caesar meant when he said "Alea Iacta Est" = the Die is Cast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.