Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I have created an official FAQ for Machina Arcana. For now it is in the form of Google Document. For now it will be sufficient.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mwAPRCym4RLkuMs1cacVVeeb...

On updates, there will be a new message in this post (notification).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ description about "collecting" essence confuses me. When a quest requires an explorer to collect x essence, doesn't that mean he has to gain essence x times by the usual means (using treasure or event spaces, killing monsters)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad Borowiecki
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Originally I though that it is enough to just collect the essence though reading the FAQ the final bracket might confusingly indicate that it is a matter of loosing the essence anyway or so this line indicates: "(no need to lose all 3 at the same time)."

On the other hand the previous sentence states: "...you can wait 2 rounds, collect 1 essence, then wait 1 more round then collect 2 essence - and at that moment you would have completed the quest..."

Thus I would say it is enough to collect it. Alternatively instead of collecting all the required essence you can choose to loose all or part of it to satisfy the quest faster.

Great game though the rules sometimes confuse the brain out of me
All the Best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.