Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ahmad Lokman Ishak
Malaysia
JERTEH
TERENGGANU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Uptown and enjoyed playing it using the old rules of having the least group to win and when tied the one who took the least opponents' tiles will win.

Once I tried playing Uptown using Blockers! rules. What happened was all four players kept on taking the opponents' tiles during their own tile placement. End game, there were only a few tiles on the board as the rest has been taken away by players.

Did we played it wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
loudtwist wrote:
I have Uptown and enjoyed playing it using the old rules of having the least group to win and when tied the one who took the least opponents' tiles will win.

Once I tried playing Uptown using Blockers! rules. What happened was all four players kept on taking the opponents' tiles during their own tile placement. End game, there were only a few tiles on the board as the rest has been taken away by players.

Did we played it wrong?

Were you somehow confused and forgetting that to win, you want the lowest score, not the highest score?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Lokman Ishak
Malaysia
JERTEH
TERENGGANU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
loudtwist wrote:

Did we played it wrong?

Were you somehow confused and forgetting that to win, you want the lowest score, not the highest score?

Uhh.. yes, I was confused until you mentioned that. I thought the winner is the one with highest number of groups combined with highest number of tiles of the color you captured the most. So it's the least. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
loudtwist wrote:
russ wrote:
loudtwist wrote:

Did we played it wrong?

Uhh.. yes, I was confused until you mentioned that. I thought the winner is the one with highest number of groups combined with highest number of tiles of the color you captured the most. So it's the least. Thanks!

LOL. Playing the opposite way in scoring certainly makes this an entirely different game and likely not as much fun. I wonder how Ticket to Ride would play if the winner was the one with the "least" points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.