patrick stevens
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the link:[url] https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1779083125/california-g...[/url]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb

"An orange production game where you represent a co-op for helping orange ranchers receive support and best prices for their crops.

California Gold is a 3-5 player board game where players represent Co-Ops like Sunkist. The object is to collect the most cards which represent orange groves in specific counties. Infrastructure is necessary to compete by strategically placing Packing Houses, Nurseries, and Offices. Advertising, Politics, Railroad contracts, and growing conditions create realistic challenges. Wide open competition and tight game play encourage variable approaches to victory."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Robitaille
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
30$ shipping to Canada for a 40$ game. Seriously?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jocelyn Robitaille wrote:
30$ shipping to Canada for a 40$ game. Seriously?

I guess I don't know what's surprising about that, since that's what it costs to ship a typically sized game to Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
Elitist!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh man, i had this one under my radar... but a KS campaign non EU friendly... plus the ridiculous shipping costs makes it a big NO NO for me...

also no stretch goals whatsoever?!?!?!

shame... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. With these conditions it is almost unreachable from Europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Why do people keep complaining to project creators instead of shipping companies? Why not find a more viable solution for you to use instead of just whining about it? The world isn't fair, either do something about it or quit whining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
patrick stevens wrote:

Please provide a gameplay video or youtube reviewer video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are not complaining, just not support the KS project, because of the high shipping cost and the double taxes.
Companies must bargain proper quantity discounts for shipping costs and avoid double taxing with batch shippings to sell his product to the European customers. That's it.

toober wrote:
Why do people keep complaining to project creators instead of shipping companies? Why not find a more viable solution for you to use instead of just whining about it? The world isn't fair, either do something about it or quit whining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wahl
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Add as many images to the kickstarter page as you can. This kickstarter looks like it's going to fail, and from the page I can't see how good I know the game looks. Three card images are not going to cut it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mannie Germain
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pharmakon wrote:
Add as many images to the kickstarter page as you can. This kickstarter looks like it's going to fail, and from the page I can't see how good I know the game looks. Three card images are not going to cut it.

Unfortunately, for Numbskull Games, showing off more artwork wouldn't be helpful, as their art and graphic design is always incredibly poorly done.

They just don't invest enough in the look of their games to be a viable Kickstarter publisher. It's a real shame, as the games look like they'd be great games and would sell well if they were done by publishers that have the skills and funds to make a game presentable. You just can't put games that look like this on the market and expect people to have faith that they're good games. They have to look the part!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wahl
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think their games are generally pretty, and this one is particularly pretty. I wanted to buy this one just based on its looks, before I even read the rules. I don't think I'm the only one.

edit: How pretty is this?

I'd be willing to buy that without even seeing it played. At least put the boxcover across the top of the kickstarter page. This game is exactly the type of niche object (because of its subject) that accidentally catches fire with people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
West Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
The owls are not what they seem.
badge
I've got good news. That gum you like is going to come back in style.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck Patrick! The game looks really pretty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cody
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the game looks interesting, I just can't see it funding the goal you require without a little more effort put into the kickstarter. I mean 24k is a huge amount of money considering you don't have extra content to help understand what you are offering and unfortunately there are a ton of games on kickstarter that offer the extra needed information (and extra things people desire like reviews, gameplay videos, and extra art etc.)

I hope the game gets funded as it looks interesting, Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
West Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
The owls are not what they seem.
badge
I've got good news. That gum you like is going to come back in style.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry this didn't get funded this time around. I'll keep my eye out for the relaunch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick stevens
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Fuerst-Brunner
Germany
Neuching
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patrick stevens wrote:

Huh?

Done with the game? Done with Kickstarter? Done with Numbskull Games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick stevens
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just the end of the Kickstart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.