Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Gromball
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi BGG'lers

I'd like to know which one of these games i should buy. "Serbien muss sterbien" or the new bundle from GMT: "Glorys End/When Eagles fight".
Both are about World War One. Wich one would you buy and why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd say Serbien Muss Sterbien, because it has a lot of authenticity/realism in its system and is part of a larger series of WWI games, which you might be interested in if you like SMS.

Plus, it has one of the coolest titles in wargaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Gromball
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmb
I try to read the rules of the game "Offensive a outrance", but the pdf rules online are not really readable. The explanations of the counters and the examples are too blurry. cry
I hope that GMT fix that problem fast.

Is there any other Wargames of world war 1 that you could recommend? (and that is available to buy).

Thanks for your help in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Go here for pdf living rules for Twilight in the East: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd0d6b9/4159 (listed in the header)

Although I would like this game system, it depends on what kind of game you're looking for. Some are more introductory than others or have different styles. For example, Paths of Glory is good strategic level game while being a point-to-point card driven game. So it would help if you identified any particular quality(ies) you're interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Gromball
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks a lot for your fast response. I would prefer a traditional hex and counter game. And it should be suitable to play solo. TitE Rules are the same as the OaO Rules? And if not, are both games playable with the different rules? They should be the same system, if i read that right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, TitE and OaO are the same system, essentially. TitE was the first game in the series. SMS makes a good intro to the system because of its smaller scope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.