Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PDF on this page
(Look under tournament resources)

A few highlights:

Dice Bags: Players may look into their own dice bag, but not their opponent’s. They must mix their dice well before drawing.

Forced re-rolls: Dice which are cocked more than 15 degrees or roll off the table must be re-rolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Pepperell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm bringing a protractor to the next tourney I play in. laugh

Edit: I also think this one is worth highlighting (everything is more or less for the judges/organizers):
Quote:
Games in Matches: The player who goes first in a tournament game may not attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bequette
United States
East Carondelet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:

Edit: I also think this one is worth highlighting (everything is more or less for the judges/organizers):
Quote:
Games in Matches: The player who goes first in a tournament game may not attack.

Time to start going 2nd. That doesn't specify when you can't attack, just says you can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbequette wrote:
Eyefink wrote:

Quote:

Time to start going 2nd. That doesn't specify when you can't attack, just says you can't.

OMG the way this is worded, the first player can't attack for the entire game! How can the first person win? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICE 0ne
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Valenso wrote:
cbequette wrote:
Eyefink wrote:

Quote:

OMG the way this is worded, the first player can't attack for the entire game! How can the first person win? whistle

Storm Windrider
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Valenso wrote:

Every player will now be packing Power Bolt and possibly Force Beam. Just in case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James O\'Brien
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Looks like it's been fixed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChaosJim wrote:
Looks like it's been fixed?

Wow yeah. Rule 1.2.2 has been completely removed from the list.

Good job, WizKids.

EDIT: Nevermind they reworded it. Apparently I don't know how to count and I was looking at the wrong part of the rules list.

"1.2.2
Games in Matches: The player who goes first in a tournament game may not attack on their first turn. The player who loses a game within a match may decide to go first or second in the next game of the match instead of randomizing which player goes first. Players should randomize who goes first after a tie."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fleece
United States
New Baltimore
MI
flag msg tools
Jesus Christ is Lord of my life.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really dont see the point of not letting the first player attack on turn 1. If they attack, then they're open for their opponent to come back and do the same exact thing. I just don't get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
RogertheDumpling wrote:
I really dont see the point of not letting the first player attack on turn 1. If they attack, then they're open for their opponent to come back and do the same exact thing. I just don't get it.

Agreed - was this a problem??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Pepperell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It allows both players to be on somewhat equal footing with regards to having some characters out there. That second player could be operating at a large disadvantage if the opponent can slug 20% of their life away after a lucky roll with no way to prepare for it. It's that way in just about every versus game I can think of where going first can be advantageous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fleece
United States
New Baltimore
MI
flag msg tools
Jesus Christ is Lord of my life.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
It allows both players to be on somewhat equal footing with regards to having some characters out there. That second player could be operating at a large disadvantage if the opponent can slug 20% of their life away after a lucky roll with no way to prepare for it. It's that way in just about every versus game I can think of where going first can be advantageous.

But what's to stop the second player from doing the same thing back after a lucky roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogertheDumpling wrote:
Eyefink wrote:

But what's to stop the second player from doing the same thing back after a lucky roll?
Before the second player has even had a turn, he had no chance to stop an attack from player 1.

After player 1 had a turn, he at least had a chance to prepare for an attack from player 2.

It's true that player 1 can still be unlucky, and player 2 can get lucky, but it's a game with a lot of luck.

I see it as trying to balance the fact that before player 2 has had a turn, he shouldn't be starting behind in life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Egan
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
It's something that falls under the, duh that should have been in the base rules from the start category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICE 0ne
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Such an unnecessary rule. The advantage of going first comes from being able to buy dice and get to them first not from attacking first. I am totally ok with someone attacking me for 4 first turn cause they are basically putting themselves behind in tempo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
ICE 0ne wrote:
Such an unnecessary rule. The advantage of going first comes from being able to buy dice and get to them first not from attacking first. I am totally ok with someone attacking me for 4 first turn cause they are basically putting themselves behind in tempo.

Agreed. The advantage of going first means that on turn 3 you can field 2 Tsarinas and have a decent expectation (if your opponent has been feverishing buying Beasts as he should) that there will be no one to block or level down and you'll do upwards of 8 damage. Happens a lot.

This is a dumb rule. I personally love it when people attack with their SKs on the first turn. I look at it as wasted energy on their part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:

Like I said in the post above, there does seem to be an advantage to going first, but it certainly isn't because of 1st turn damage from SKs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Satan Himself
United States
Dead Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
I'd gladly pay 4 life to be the first player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Skinner
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
WretchedSpawn wrote:

Bidding life for first player would have been so much better. What's it worth to you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shawn ely
msg tools
Games in Matches: The player who goes first in a tournament game may not attack on their first third turn.

Fixed for game balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Satan Himself
United States
Dead Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
huskyskins wrote:
WretchedSpawn wrote:

Bidding life for first player would have been so much better. What's it worth to you?
It depends on the build I'm facing and playing as, though assuming a super burny Gobby on Gobby match I think 5 would be the upper limit for me. 6 is about how much damage gets thrown out in a single turn at the very end of the game so it's the most I feel I can bid while still not losing a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.