United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm itching to spring Machina Arcana on my game group, but I'm worried that it might be too long to finish in one sitting with 4 players. Our usual game nights are 3 hours (could stretch to 4).

For those who have played, what do you think? Do I need to plan a 6 hour marathon session or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Dunks
United States
Providence Forge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are confident in your understanding of the rules (and Juraj just published a FAQ here in the forums too), then you should be able to easily complete one of the shorter quests. It really plays quite quickly once you grasp the principles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Comeyne
Belgium
Assebroek (Brugge)
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my first game, I played the first four chapters of the first scenario and it was a tough battle in less than 2,5 hours.

Edit: None of us played the game before and I was the only one who knew the rules so I'm sure that a second time would reduce playing-time by at least a half hour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.