Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Englehart
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the cards my daughter and I developed for two of our favorite X-Ladies:

Kitty Pryde Common 1 - Sprite
Covert - X-Men - 3 Cost - 2 Recruit - Focus 2R: Look at the top 3 cards of the Villain deck. Put them back in any order.

Kitty Pryde Common 2 - Shadowcat
Covert - X-Men - 3 Cost - 2 Fight - When a Scheme Twist is played from the Villain deck, you may discard this card to play the next card from the Villain deck and shuffle the Twist back into the deck instead.

Kitty Pryde Uncommon - Lockheed
Ranged - X-Men - 5 Cost - 3+ Fight - C+C: +3 Fight

Kitty Pryde Rare - Untouchable
Covert - X-Men - 7 Cost - 5 Fight - If an Enemy card effect would cause you to gain a Wound, discard a card or KO a card from your hand you may reveal this card to ignore the effect.

Magik Common 1 - Stepping Disk
Covert - X-Men - 2 Cost - no F/R - Draw a Card or Teleport. When you Teleport this card, select a Villain in the City with no captives and shuffle it into the Villain deck.

Magik Common 2 - Soul Sword
Instinct - X-Men - 4 Cost - 0+F - +1 Fight for each empty City Space

Magik Uncommon - Mystic Armor
Strength - X-Men - 5 Cost - 3+F - If you would gain a Wound, reveal this card to take it into your hand. When you play this card, you may KO a Wound from your hand for +1F.

Magik Rare - Darkchylde
Instinct - X-Men - 8 Cost - 3+F - Select a Hero in HQ. Gain F equal to that Hero's Cost. KO any cards in the City space above that Hero. KO that Hero.
----
Our idea with these heroes was to introduce some Heroes that can help with some of the harder Schemes. Kitty can slow down the occurrence of Scheme Twists and Magik can clear some breathing room in the City.

Feedback and suggestions welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
Magik is great. I have already seen two other versions of Kitty so I didnt bother with her. I used to play heroclix and Magik was one of my go to heroes for that game. About time someone made her into legendary. Great work. Good art choices.

I think for Magik's common 1- stepping disk, it should not have draw a card. There is too much text. I would have it say, "Teleport or select a Villain in the City with no captives and shuffle it into the Villain deck." This way you can either teleport her or teleport a villain. And I would change it so she has 1 or 2 recruit. And possibly raise her cost to 3.

"Soul Sword" has potential to be too powerful. If the city is empty and you had two of these cards in your hand that is ten attack against the mastermind. Maybe the text could read, "+1 attack for each empty city space, -1 attack for each occupied city space".

I like "Mystic Armor" just fine.

"Darkchylde"-- Again it seems like there is too much text and too many abilities going on at once. It seems rather random that you get to KO the villain above the hero in the HQ you select. I think you should remove that part. It should be simplified to, "Select a Hero in HQ. Gain F equal to that Hero's Cost. KO that Hero."

Good work. Take or leave my input. I wont be offended. Willing to dialogue more about them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Little
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Magik. I wish they would release some sort of group with all of the current Uncanny X-Men (Magik, Emma Frost, Cyclops, good-guy Magneto, etc.)

Great work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love these. Keep them coming!
I plan to print Magik out but wanted to change the image on her first card as it looked a bit pixelated.

Here's what I came up with:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Englehart
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here is Illyana's first card with Jeff's suggested artwork and my template.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lockheed is misspelled.

Can you clarify Untouchable's text? Do you reveal the card then discard or KO a card?

Shadowcat is pretty good. I'm not too fond on looking at top of cards and rearranging them but some other players might enjoy that aspect of preparing for what's coming ahead.

Magik is awesome by the way. I don't know how powerful her empty spaces card could be, but she looks like she's a blast to play. Good job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Englehart
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Untouchable: Okay, I clearly need some help on the wording. The intent is that if a card forces you to do any of those things then you can reveal Untouchable and ignore the effect.

Lockheed: D'OH! I'll get right on fixing that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking more about your Shadowcat, when comparing it with the other one available under variants, I prefer your Lockheed and Shadow Cat second common, but I think the first common should be more indicative of what Kitty Pryde does more often, which is phasing.

Now, the other user's creation had her phasing passing a wound to the next player instead of acquiring it herself, which felt a bit villain-like but then combos greatly with Colossus, which is a big plus. To differentiate, you may consider having her phasing work against villains/adversaries that refer to Tech, as she disrupts machinery when phasing through them. Or just something that still represents phasing and gets along with the ones you already made.

Her ability is great for scouting and reconnaissance, but I think her primary role is support/defensive and either distracting or saving her allies from deadly attacks (making them phase).

Just thoughts...you've done a great job so far anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you run into any schemes or mastermind that Magik's Stepping Disk makes too easy?

I know you are negating yourself a card draw by teleporting, but if all players had Stepping Disk, I wonder if there are situations where you can't lose because you can always teleport and prevent a game-ending escape. I don't know if it needs something else as counterbalance...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.