• [+] Dice rolls
KYEO
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not think he is dead, but I honestly do not think he (or Mark) care about this game. They are into vampires, zombies, and other supernatural creatures. And they want everything to be gory and extreme. Look at what Mark is famous for, where he posts Facebook updates now. Look at what Milton has posted about on his own Facebook page and what he says he likes to play. I think Democracy was a misstep from Mark, and now he is having trouble finishing it - and he does not really have the interest. He has stated himself that he is not a well organized person - and you need to be somewhat organized to finalize something, especially if it is something where you are receiving a lot of grief, where you probably will get more grief when the product is finished (I bet reviewers will go: In addition to being horribly late, the game had the following flaws... It will be hard for Mark to win any supporters for this game, even when it is done.), and it does not hit your sweet spot (vampires/gore). This is what I think is the case. And I have not received any response from Milton to my emails to him, something he promised would be a way to contact him. But in the end - their vampire friends are probably the ones they would rather satisfy - and they do not care if Democracy gets finalized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no Milton, he was invented by Mark to stall more.

The proof of this is that no loving parent has named their child Milton for a century.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Reed
United States
La Junta
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
I think KYEO is right about this. I signed up for Mark's private facebook group, and he is all excited about I am Zombie, never mentioning Democracy at all--btw, I had no problem joining this group, but I havent abused my membership yet. Its even hard to figure if Democracy is actually ready to ship at all, as far as I can tell. Milton has gone quiet despite all the promises, but really, its hard to tell what his role actually is.

If it were me, I would want to go ahead and ship the games if they are ready, and worry about the meeples, etc, later, just to get this out of my hair, especially if I wanted to work on other things. Mark already has one fraud report out on him, and if others begin to contact their credit card companies to get refunds, the fraud reports are going to pile up until, at some time, a critical mass will develop. If enough fraud complaints pile up, he wont be able to hide even in Tblisi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Shorthose
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drjwreed wrote:
Mark already has one fraud report out on him, and if others begin to contact their credit card companies to get refunds, the fraud reports are going to pile up until, at some time, a critical mass will develop. If enough fraud complaints pile up, he wont be able to hide even in Tblisi.

I've contacted my bank about it already.

clydeiii wrote:
The proof of this is that no loving parent has named their child Milton for a century.

:D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.