Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like a perfect card for it.

Click #1: Install GRNDL Refinery
Click #2: Psychographics
Click #3: Profit!

Seriously. Let's say the runner has 10 tags. You can then convert 3 clicks, 2 cards and 10 credits into 40 credits (which is a net gain of 25 credits). Even if the runner only has 5 tags you net gain 10 credits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played a couple Psychographics decks before but if I had to guess I'd say it's because they only have a limited number of Psychographics in the deck and after the Midseason money is less of an issue for the deck than finding your Beale/Psycho combo. I also did a Custom Biotics Psycho deck and again, money wasn't really an issue once you land the Midseason, it was getting Vitruvius or Ares in a timely manner.

You lose precious deck slots to run a Psychographics deck (or influence in CB), and you want to focus most of your money efforts on having a lot before you use Midseason and an adequate amount after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
A buddy of mine did this against me. It was cool, he made tons of money......then I just won the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palpster
Netherlands
Nunspeet
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:

Seriously. Let's say the runner has 10 tags. You can then convert 3 clicks, 2 cards and 10 credits into 40 credits (which is a net gain of 25 credits). Even if the runner only has 5 tags you net gain 10 credits.

You'd also have enough tags and creds in that situation to score a 5 point Beale. Why would I need 40 credits at this point??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kester J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Palpster said. You need money before the Midseason, not after it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'm gonna try it anway. Maybe I'm up to something. Probably not, but don't knock it till your try it right? I shall call it "The One". 1 to the first person to figure out why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dovian wrote:
...it was getting Vitruvius or Ares in a timely manner.

I ran one of those and I really think Ares is a trap. Just run Fast Track and put enough Vitruvius counters on to go "Fast-Track, Install, Psychographics, Score" every turn after the tagbomb.

If you need to get money to survive, put in some Corporate Wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:

Because that deck doesn't need that much money, it has no sinks to put them into except the Midseasons you already hit with. At the end of the game, every credit you had in excess is basically wasted, so it doesn't make sense to dedicate not just a card slot, but influence, to a trashable card with marginal utility. It's much more important to get a credit advantage BEFORE the Midseasons than after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bradley
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you had Fast Track in your hand (instead of GRNDL), and your opponent has 10 tags, you could just FT for Beale, Install it, Psycho it for a ton of points, probably winning you the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
Well I'm gonna try it anway. Maybe I'm up to something. Probably not, but don't knock it till your try it right? I shall call it "The One". 1 to the first person to figure out why.

K. I give up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GRNDL is acronym for

Geostrategic Research and Neothermal Development Laboratories

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
GRNDL is acronym for

Geostrategic Research and Neothermal Development Laboratories

Snap. You got me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
So I can name every GRNDL deck "the one"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain_Frisk wrote:

No, obviously the second one (this deck being the original TM/Copyright Kroen) would be called "The Two".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:
Captain_Frisk wrote:

No, obviously the second one (this deck being the original TM/Copyright Kroen) would be called "The Two".

I was wracking my brain to figure out how the combo had anything to do with the Jet Li movie...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cynchwyrm wrote:
I was wracking my brain to figure out how the combo had anything to do with the Jet Li movie...

Why would your first instinct be a horrible movie and not one of the best movies ever? (at least in innovation. also forget the sequels)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
cynchwyrm wrote:

Why would your first instinct be a horrible movie and not one of the best movies ever? (at least in innovation. also forget the sequels)

https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=the+one&gws_rd=...

Probably because your clue was not "Why is this deck named after the Matrix?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
cynchwyrm wrote:

"Some of the professionals have good instincts, but they can't see beyond the data. They can't see The Matrix." - Ele "Smoke" Scovak

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
cynchwyrm wrote:

Maybe because I'm way beyond trying to guess your movie preferences...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.