Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Hervén
Sweden
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the last game we played I wanted to go through a wall, think it was "wall of pikes". I was doing this to hinder the opposing mage but needed to move as the quick action to get into his zone. Could however not find if going through a wall, with passage attack is considered as being hindered, we played as it was as that makes the most sense. Was that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walls don't hinder as far as I am aware.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hervén
Sweden
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks. We just thought it made sense that you are hindered after going through a wall and taking 5 die damage. Well see how we play it in the future, might house rule it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walls are technically not in a zone but between zones, therefore hindering doesnt apply. There also walls that dont damage you when passing through like Wall of Fog or Wall of Spears from behind or Wall of Poison Gas/Fire for creatures that have immunity. Or what about an attacking wall that does not damage you because of armor?

You can house rule anything as you see fit but I wouldnt go down this route as MW has enough detail rules to memorize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe some walls with passage attack have an effect on movement, but it is not a general rule. You need to read each wall's effect. If I recall correctly Wall of Thorns hinders movement of level 2 or higher creatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.