Subject: Does Building Cover Apply To Sniper Fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Brown
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a sniper is firing at a unit inside of a building, does the building cover apply?

Thanks for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffscottbrown wrote:
When a sniper is firing at a unit inside of a building, does the building cover apply?

Thanks for any help.

The answer to your question is "No", but your question made me think a bit.

Let me explain. Normally, for sniper fire you roll a number of dice and if you roll at least one or more 6s, you may eliminate any one figure of your choice from the target squad. However, in Stalingrad, for each 6 rolled, you may eliminate a figure from the target squad of your choice, so if you rolled two 6s, that is two figures of your choice, whereas with the normal sniper card in TOI you only get to remove one figure.

So, to take the bite out of such power, maybe cover dice should be used. However, this might reduce the effects more than desired. Cover dice always succeed on 5 and 6, while sniper tokens require a 6 to hit on the attack dice. So even with the mighty sniper token with a four on it (four attack dice) is at a disadvantage when firing at a squad in a building (cover 3). That is, you get four attack dice at 6's against three cover dice at 5's and 6's. The odds of rolling cover is better than hits. Not very sniper like.

In short, sniper tokens in Stalingrad are more deadly when compared to the regular sniper card in TOI. But there is also a card in Stalingrad that can be used against the sniper tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill jaffe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
no cover in Buildings.
yeah Ray the Sniper's in Stalingrad are powerful that's why their is a balancing card

i'm working on Sniper cards for the Pacific and those could be even more deadly

bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Funny. I never picked up on the fact that apparently in Stalingrad you get to eliminate a figure for each six rolled. Just assumed it worked the same as a regular sniper card. Perhaps a good idea to give cards with different effect different names in the future to alert players that it's not the same crad people already know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.