David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just soloing to learn the system:

When I activate a car with Draft Movement, and that car has a few cars ahead of it and a few cars behind it, it just expands one MP per forward move, right? Not three MP. And of course, all the cars in line ahead of it and behind it would move with it, so if it started its move with five MP, it would move ahead five with its whole line. Just checking. Thanks. –David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
David Gardner wrote:
Just soloing to learn the system:

When I activate a car with Draft Movement, and that car has a few cars ahead of it and a few cars behind it, it just expands one MP per forward move, right? Not three MP. And of course, all the cars in line ahead of it and behind it would move with it, so if it started its move with five MP, it would move ahead five with its whole line. Just checking. Thanks. –David

Exactly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Marx
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but don't forget you can also move the car laterally beforehand, so the car can get out of the line if you want it to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vander Veen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny! I came to BGG looking for this exact Q&A. And just now I flipped open the rules again and saw the following statement in italics in 6.1 Basics of Movement under Movement Cost: "Note that due to the mechanics of linking (6.1), spending 3 MPs for Forward Displacement only occurs in Solo and Lead Movement." I did not see that there last night... But, it makes sense that once Draft or Pursuit Movement have started the active car is following the car in the space ahead of it.

But, I am still glad you asked!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.