Subject: I need help from peoples of Canada, sorry for bad english. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xoth Xoth
Poland
Cedynia
flag msg tools
mb
Hi! I want to ask for a favor. I'm wondering if any of You can send me a leaf from Your country flag. I need it as a present for my girlfriend because she want to go to Canada but before i will take her there (and make a proposal i want to give her a leaf as a substitute of the future journey and maybe spending a life together. Again sorry for bad english and best regards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
The sugar maple (Acer saccharum) is common in the eastern USA as well. If you know someone there you can also ask them, although a leaf from down south won't have that Canuckian authenticity you may be looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xoth Xoth
Poland
Cedynia
flag msg tools
mb
Indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Time for a little college basketball fun!
mbmbmb
I am pretty sure that there are maple trees in Europe as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xoth Xoth
Poland
Cedynia
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe there will be an option for doing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xoth Xoth
Poland
Cedynia
flag msg tools
mb
But i need the original not "fake" one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trace
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Do you want a flag or a leaf from a tree?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xoth Xoth
Poland
Cedynia
flag msg tools
mb
Leaf from a tree which has grown in Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Time for a little college basketball fun!
mbmbmb
The key would be to find a bookmark or coaster or magnet or something that is made with a real Canadian maple leaf. You would have your leaf and not have to worry about bringing foreign agriculture into your country.

Edit: You could make it very nice with something like this: Silver Plated Canadian Maple Leaf Pendant

Edit2: Or this one from Amazon UK Real Leaf Necklace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Just googled the customs regulations for Poland. Maple leaves are fine.

Quote:
A traveller may bring along from non-EU countries:

5 plants (incl. trees and bushes)
3 kg of citrus fruits
5 kg of fruit and vegetables
20 cut flowers or sprays or a single bouquet or wreath made thereof
5 house plants
2 kg of flower bulbs or tubers
5 retail packages of seeds, each weighing 5 grams

Potatoes, soil and the following plants are not allowed to bring along without a phytosanitary certificate: serviceberry, flowering quince, cotoneaster, hawthorn, quince, Japanese medlar, apple, common medlar, firethorn, pear, mountain ash, photinia; citrus, kumquat, poncirus, grapevine as well as cut flowers and pot plants of chrysanthemum, carnation and orchid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
A lovely gesture but my one comment is that if you want to marry her and you're fairly sure she's open to the proposal, don't wait. It's not the atmosphere that makes it special but the proposal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:

Why worry about customs regulations?
If I put a leaf inside of a (birthday or greeting) card, for instance, and then into an envelope and mailed it, the post office isn't going to bother anyone.

Unfortunately I live in an area of Canada where maple trees do not grow. At least the ones that drop leaves like those on our flag, anyway.
I've seen them in British Columbia and Ontario/ Quebec (and I imagine the maritime provinces have them), but not Calgary.

However, if any old leaf (I'd look for a nice one, of course!) will do, then geekmail me with your address, and I'll mail you one.

Unless your request is time sensitive-- it might take 2 to 3 weeks to get to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xoth Xoth
Poland
Cedynia
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome! Thanks a lot! I will consider to buy this as well but i need the leaf anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xoth Xoth
Poland
Cedynia
flag msg tools
mb
mrbeankc wrote:

Quote:
A traveller may bring along from non-EU countries:

5 plants (incl. trees and bushes)
3 kg of citrus fruits
5 kg of fruit and vegetables
20 cut flowers or sprays or a single bouquet or wreath made thereof
5 house plants
2 kg of flower bulbs or tubers
5 retail packages of seeds, each weighing 5 grams

Potatoes, soil and the following plants are not allowed to bring along without a phytosanitary certificate: serviceberry, flowering quince, cotoneaster, hawthorn, quince, Japanese medlar, apple, common medlar, firethorn, pear, mountain ash, photinia; citrus, kumquat, poncirus, grapevine as well as cut flowers and pot plants of chrysanthemum, carnation and orchid.

Thanks! Btw i don't have a time to check it out because i'm in work fourth or fifth day and i lost my sense of time. My Love is at the biggest Goth festival in Poland - Castle Party. I, unfortunately, must stay in work. If someone like this kind of music (which is awesome ; )should check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xoth Xoth
Poland
Cedynia
flag msg tools
mb
whac3 wrote:
A lovely gesture but my one comment is that if you want to marry her and you're fairly sure she's open to the proposal, don't wait. It's not the atmosphere that makes it special but the proposal.

I know that but i want to create atmosphere just for a "halo" of the proposal and i want to make something special because she is soooooooooo special for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xoth Xoth
Poland
Cedynia
flag msg tools
mb
MABBY wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:

Why worry about customs regulations?
If I put a leaf inside of a (birthday or greeting) card, for instance, and then into an envelope and mailed it, the post office isn't going to bother anyone.

Unfortunately I live in an area of Canada where maple trees do not grow. At least the ones that drop leaves like those on our flag, anyway.
I've seen them in British Columbia and Ontario/ Quebec (and I imagine the maritime provinces have them), but not Calgary.

However, if any old leaf (I'd look for a nice one, of course!) will do, then geekmail me with your address, and I'll mail you one.

Unless your request is time sensitive-- it might take 2 to 3 weeks to get to you!

I thought about "covering up" in envelope etc but i have some worries if someone who's living there will want to do this.

When i wrote a post here i have received the geekmail from a person who has a plenty of leafs around before anyone replied here but i don't know if this person will want to do this. In case of any problems i will gladly acceptYour offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Xoth_70 wrote:
whac3 wrote:

I know that but i want to create atmosphere just for a "halo" of the proposal and i want to make something special because she is soooooooooo special for me.

Just don't wait too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you seen metal plated leaves? They are real leaves that have been plated in copper.

I don't know if have enough time have one shipped now, but if you continue to keep the maple leaf theme then you might give her one later.

Here is one example of what I mean, this ships worldwide but you might find a better deal somewhere else if you look around: https://www.etsy.com/listing/172412185/necklace-with-copper-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in BC, I could look for one if you like. You do know that it will be a green leaf at this time of year. And it might dry out in transit. I could try to press it in wax paper, or google how to preserve it....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xoth Xoth
Poland
Cedynia
flag msg tools
mb
Oh, awesome! I can wait for it. Someone has asked if i need it fast, no, i can wait for autumn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.