Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Milton
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in making this, but curious what kind of costs I'd be looking at. Has anyone successfully completed this project already? Where did you print it? What kind of paper? Any tips for those looking to start building this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made it, but mainly because I have more money than sense, (Very little money, but absolutely no sense.)and a great deal of free time.

I estimate the costs as follows:

Cardstock- approximately a third of a ream, $2-4.
Printer ink - $50
Velcro dots - $4
Glue sticks - $2

So roughly $60. That's a LOT to spend on something like this.

The real expenditure, however, was time. My girlfriend helped some, and I was able to do a lot of it at work, so it wasn't a big deal, but I would say it took like 6 hours or more to do the job of cutting, folding, gluing etc.

All things considered, I'm glad I did it. It looks amazing, and the ease of finding your character quickly and having all the relevant tokens, markers etc. handy is great. My friends who have their own sets are really jealous, and have asked me to do it for them too. Regrettably, I have to tell them that it would cost more than I would be comfortable charging them.

Should you do it? It depends how into battlecon you are. I can tell you this much- It's going to suck when the new characters come out, and I have no tuckboxes for them. Hopefully the maker of the character select screen can be persuaded to keep it current. Also, if they ever put out tuckboxes as a free extra from one of their kickstarter campaigns, I'm likely to put my fist through a wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Milton
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm less worried about the time--whats a hobby for it not for burning up free time, right?--but I do have limited funds. At nearly the cost of the game itself, it may not be worthwhile. I was thinking $20-30 I may do it, but that double to triple my thoughts so maybe I should rethink this, haha.

I appreciate your feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.